Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 18, 2014, 04:30:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My Q500 with a 12% airfoil  (Read 910 times)
Sundance12
Model Airplane Builder
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Kudos: 41

Canada Canada

Topic starter
MAAC #25680, VE4BDF (amateur radio callsign)

« on: January 25, 2008, 03:55:04 AM »

Here is a Sport 500 Q500 airplane built from a set of sport Q500 plans. I have used a prototype 12% airfoil wing that was given to me. Instead of making another type of plane for it I decided to build the airplane it was meant for just to see what this wing is really meant to do. http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/rc_sp_q500.htm

Flies very well for a sport plane and I like it as a pattern trainer. I fly a .25 on this airplane and it's handles very well.

Bruce
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
My Q500 with a 12% airfoil

I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left.
Spidergray
Bronze Member

Kudos: 3

United States United States

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 12:38:49 PM »

Hi Bruce-
Nice plane you have, bet it flies nice. I still have one gas plane left a Spickler quickie 500. It has a tame OS40FP for power and it flies great. I have had the plane for about 18 years with many hours of flying on it. Haven't flown it much since I have made the switch to electric. Would like to scale it down a bit and make a 400 outrunner powered Depron version of it.

Gary
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: My Q500 with a 12% airfoil
Sundance12
Model Airplane Builder
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Kudos: 41

Canada Canada

Topic starter
MAAC #25680, VE4BDF (amateur radio callsign)

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 01:35:33 PM »

That's a fine looking Q500, I enjoy mine as a sport plane instead of a racer. I am still a intermediate R/C pilot and I don't want to push the flying limit much and smack up the only working RC plane in the stable. Scaled down I think it would be a great design for 400 electric. Look forward to your thoughts in the scale down when you get to it.

Bruce

I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left.
Spidergray
Bronze Member

Kudos: 3

United States United States

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 09:51:31 AM »

Thank You for the complement Bruce, I covered the plane using Monocote in Texas Lone star colors when I was in California before I came back to Texas. Was good for visibility/ orientation. I don't race anymore leave that to the younger guys gets pretty hairy racing with a flock of planes but sure gets you pumped up. The first Spickler Q500 I built had a OS Max 40FSR on it. The old FSR was a much stronger motor but the Q500 was a solid flying plane but much faster.

Your quickie will be a good plane to get some quality flying with and help you continue to build your RC flying skills.

Hope you plane serves you well.

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: