Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
July 01, 2016, 09:18:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My Q500 with a 12% airfoil  (Read 1029 times)
Sundance12
Model Airplane Builder
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Kudos: 44

Canada Canada

Topic starter
MAAC #25680, VE4BDF (amateur radio callsign)

« on: January 25, 2008, 03:55:04 AM »

Here is a Sport 500 Q500 airplane built from a set of sport Q500 plans. I have used a prototype 12% airfoil wing that was given to me. Instead of making another type of plane for it I decided to build the airplane it was meant for just to see what this wing is really meant to do. http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/rc_sp_q500.htm

Flies very well for a sport plane and I like it as a pattern trainer. I fly a .25 on this airplane and it's handles very well.

Bruce
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
My Q500 with a 12% airfoil

Haul Your Wind! and Hold Your Water!
Spidergray
Bronze Member

Kudos: 4

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 12:38:49 PM »

Hi Bruce-
Nice plane you have, bet it flies nice. I still have one gas plane left a Spickler quickie 500. It has a tame OS40FP for power and it flies great. I have had the plane for about 18 years with many hours of flying on it. Haven't flown it much since I have made the switch to electric. Would like to scale it down a bit and make a 400 outrunner powered Depron version of it.

Gary
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: My Q500 with a 12% airfoil
Sundance12
Model Airplane Builder
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Kudos: 44

Canada Canada

Topic starter
MAAC #25680, VE4BDF (amateur radio callsign)

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 01:35:33 PM »

That's a fine looking Q500, I enjoy mine as a sport plane instead of a racer. I am still a intermediate R/C pilot and I don't want to push the flying limit much and smack up the only working RC plane in the stable. Scaled down I think it would be a great design for 400 electric. Look forward to your thoughts in the scale down when you get to it.

Bruce

Haul Your Wind! and Hold Your Water!
Spidergray
Bronze Member

Kudos: 4

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 09:51:31 AM »

Thank You for the complement Bruce, I covered the plane using Monocote in Texas Lone star colors when I was in California before I came back to Texas. Was good for visibility/ orientation. I don't race anymore leave that to the younger guys gets pretty hairy racing with a flock of planes but sure gets you pumped up. The first Spickler Q500 I built had a OS Max 40FSR on it. The old FSR was a much stronger motor but the Q500 was a solid flying plane but much faster.

Your quickie will be a good plane to get some quality flying with and help you continue to build your RC flying skills.

Hope you plane serves you well.

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: