Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
March 25, 2019, 10:14:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Went Flyin' (Please, Everyone Post Your Exploits Here)  (Read 101571 times)
Squirrelnet
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2250 on: January 21, 2019, 02:06:33 AM »

Thanks John that's  very helpful. I have joined the FB group  Smiley

Chris
Yak 52
Titanium Member

Kudos: 60

Free Flight Vagrant

Ignore
« Reply #2251 on: January 21, 2019, 07:08:48 AM »

Hi Chris,

I'm using Cockpit SX so I don't know if the following is useful or not but on my NXT I used the MENU>CONTROL>FIX set up. The FIX is the momentary button top left of the transmitter also called 'Teacher' for buddy boxing. Holding the FIX gives pre-set values for elevator, aileron and rudder and deactivates the main sticks. You turn it on by changing it from 0 to 1 in the menu, and assigning values with FIX AI, FIX EL and FIX RU. Like you I used it for momentary pitch/initial rotation in the throw. The Royal may be different obviously but I'd guess that Multiplex would use the same terminology (which is sometimes rather dense  Lips sealed Roll Eyes)

Jon
Squirrelnet
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

Ignore
« Reply #2252 on: January 21, 2019, 02:41:07 PM »

Hi Jon

Thanks, I think the Royal has slightly different programming to the SX so I don't have a FIX option but I'll explore using the trainer function to activate it. I was using the 'tow release' function in the tx to send a fixed input to the elevator but doing this only allows one function. I then was trying to add a free mix to add in aileron and rudder to the tow release. The mix works but only when the rudder stick is moved Undecided . I was hoping setting an offset would move the servo but it seems not  Undecided

I will try the FB group that John suggested, someone must have done this before with the Royal TX
SP250
Gold Member

Kudos: 6

Ignore
« Reply #2253 on: January 22, 2019, 06:48:45 AM »

Chris

PM your email over to me.
Can send you some useful stuff.

Cheers John M
gman
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #2254 on: January 22, 2019, 11:09:39 AM »

Slow Lizard, Cannock looks a pleasant place to fly. A mate of mine comes from around there and flies gliders and coupes - Gman he calls himself (hello Gavin  Cheesy)

Hello Peter, Dusan (Slow Lizzard??!!) was flying with Ivan Taylor on Cannock Chase. I've shared several emails with Dusan since we met at the FF Forum and then at the Birmingham Coupe event. I didn't know he was on Hippocket and that moniker???
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 48

Ignore
« Reply #2255 on: January 24, 2019, 11:04:18 AM »

Hi Gavin, long time no see as the saying goes! When are you coming to see the chaps in London then, and have a pint or two in the Kent!!

Dusan is getting his teeth into P30s and says he hopes to come to the Oxford/Dreaming Spires comp! I liked your writeup in February's Aeromodeller on the Coupe de Brum and it is a pity the wind was not behaving itself, never mind.

Peter
p40qmilj
Platinum Member

Kudos: 29

Canada Canada

love that P40Q

Ignore
« Reply #2256 on: Today at 12:54:33 PM »

Grin flew last nite in the gym. at least nothing broke,

jim

ps had fun too.
Jack Plane