Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
February 20, 2018, 04:27:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avenger  (Read 1795 times)
robert mathison
Silver Member

Kudos: 8

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »

HI All,

I am trying to locate the plans for the AVENGER to make a no cal from, one of the model airplane MAGS. a few years back had the one BUSH 41 was flying this makes a very good no cal.

Bob
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Avenger

EVER DAY FLYING IS A GREAT DAY WHEN YOU ARE WITH YOUR BUDDYS .
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 22

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 12:58:44 PM »

The plan was in a MODEL BUILDER Magazine but I can't remember what month and year it was. Very nice article and plan also.
PaulBrad
Gold Member

Kudos: 33

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 11:08:50 PM »

Robert - A few years ago I started a No-Cal plan for the TBM-3 Avenger. I have it nearly complete but for some reason I never got around to finishing it off or building a model from the plan. I have created a PDF package for my preliminary plan and placed it in a temporary area of my web site. There are no external links to this area of the web site. If you, or anyone else would like a copy of this not quite complete plan go to this link: http://www.parmodels.com/Temp/tbm-3.htm. A quick review of the plan suggests to me that a model can be built from the plan as is. I also included the graphics I was planning to use on the model. This is the gray and white scheme rather than the more common two tone blue as was used on the George Bush airplane. I have no idea how a model built from this plan might fly or if there are potential building issues with the plan as drawn. Hopefully it will at least give you a starting point.

Paul Bradley
Black Arrow
Silver Member

Kudos: 5

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 11:43:40 PM »

I believe I may have the plan you are looking for. It is in the Feb. 1992 issue of Model Aviation on pages 90-91. The plan is by Dave Linstrum. It is titled "The Bush Avenger". A 16-in. wingspan No-Cal Profile scale replica of the Grumman torpedo bomber that George Bush flew in WWII. I can send it to you if you are willing to pay the postage. PM me if interested.

The Research Aerosquadron - Death From Above!
robert mathison
Silver Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 05:28:20 PM »

Hi Black Arrow, I will be happy to pay the postage.

Oob

robert mathison
Silver Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 11:22:51 AM »

HI Paul,

I just opened the computer and was looking at the drawing of the Avenger and will build one of each, I have built a lot of your models and must say they all fly great.

Bob

PaulBrad
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 01:52:12 PM »

I do hope the Avenger proves to be a good flier. One of these days I need to complete the plan and build a model so the package can be officially added to the web site.

Paul Bradley
p40qmilj
Platinum Member

Kudos: 27

Canada Canada

love that P40Q

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 10:02:29 AM »

Paul

I have made the Avenger as a no cal. How I take the G%$ll*ws (pardon my language) 500 series models and do my thing I highly recommend this as yer starting point.

JIM Grin
PaulBrad
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 10:42:53 PM »

Jim - That is a good suggestion. As it turns out I do have the plan completed. I actually did the bulk of the work in October 1999. For some reason I never did quite complete the plan or build a model. I now have the plan completed and anticipate building a proof model soon. When that is accomplished I will post the plan on my web site.

Paul Bradley
jim_buxton
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

Fly more gliders!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 02:57:51 PM »

Stumbled on this stale topic after recently updating an old avenger plan I have had for years. The TBF has been one of my favorite WWII ML models for many years. I have probably built five or six of these as No-cals, in weights from 6.2 down to 2.8 grams. The plan is therefore somewhat generic, and not in the same league as what Paul will have to offer. At any rate though, if you are looking for some well proven outlines to base a build from here you go.

~Jim
Re: Avenger

~Jim Buxton
Columbus Ohio
PaulBrad
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 11:30:47 PM »

Jim - Your plan for the Avenger is excellent for No-Cal competition flying. Especially if a minimum weight rule is not being used. Your structure is very light. Depending on the wood selection I can see how you could build a 2.8 gram version of your Avenger No-Cal. At that weight it would produce some nice duration flights. Thanks for posting your plan.

Paul Bradley
Sharbonda
Copper Member

Kudos: 1

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 03:22:32 PM »

Linstrum plan "Bush" Avenger !
Re: Avenger
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print