Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 24, 2017, 12:45:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fantastik P-30 Build  (Read 4561 times)
Tapio Linkosalo
Platinum Member

Kudos: 27

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2017, 05:46:50 AM »

Variable Incidence Tail. Some pictures here: http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=861.msg116749#msg116749

The idea is to keep the tailplane at higher angle of incidence (less decalage) for the start of the climb, to prevent the model from looping. At ~4 seconds the tail angle is reduced to normal glide incidence. Needs a timer that can be adjusted with sufficient accuracy for a short time. I used to use a Tomy, with extra trigger, these days I use electric timer also for my smaller models.
Bargle
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2017, 08:41:17 AM »

flydean1, That guy was Thurman Bowls from New Smyrna Beach, Fl.  He gave away/sold ALL of his modeling stuff at the King Orange International Contest last year Palm Bay.  He and his wife are now out somewhere gold prospecting. Now that is a worthwhile hobby?  Alan Mkitarian  (now in N.J. but Cape Canaveral Fl. for the Winter)

My father did gold prospecting as a hobby for years. He never found enough to pay for all the gas he used getting around, but he enjoyed himself.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: