Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 23, 2018, 08:25:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FF Newb builds an Ikara Butterfly...  (Read 2569 times)
Jimmy JFlyer
Gold Member

Kudos: 5

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2014, 09:40:41 AM »

Really??? Wow, so then the loop, unwound, is actually as long as, if not longer than the plane eh?

I looked at the Minislick maiden flight vid by Alan and see the whole flight the rubber is still quite wound even at landing. I was wondering how it would be with the huge length of rubber hanging from it but it probably does not get unwound that far. Looking at what you are saying, it all makes perfect sense.

Thanks for another lesson and taking the time to teach a newb John!  Wink

Jimmy
OZPAF
Titanium Member

Kudos: 133

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2014, 04:40:48 PM »

Yes thats correct Jimmy. I usually start with a loop length around 1.5x the distance between the prop hook and the rear hook. Indoor models quite often have more.
Its not only done for more turns - it enables the motor to have a smoother power delivery through a larger % of the run time. Thats only a very basic answer however - better rubber minds than mine would give a better answer.
Its one of the attractions of rubber models - matching power and torque to the model and the use.
No problems - its a pleasure to be able to help.
John
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: