Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 10, 2018, 10:38:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CONSTRUCTION NOTES  (Read 834 times)
GUYBJR
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2013, 12:28:34 AM »

I have the plans for the TRIFONOV-NARKEVICH 2000, a typical Eastern European combat plane. Since I have never built this type of plane before, I need a construction article for this or a sumilar type plane. I flew combat in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Now my inner ear will not allow me to fly fast. So, I want to graft a longer nose moment and a long tail moment on to a model like this to make a stunt trainer for us retreads. It should be durable and easy to build and repair. Thanks
greggles47
Gold Member

Kudos: 11

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 05:28:12 AM »

Guy,

I tried this some time ago. I replaced the standard construction of a Peacemaker wing with one that was inspired by modern combat wing construction.

Peacemaker dimensions were unchanged. I used a Thunder Tiger .15 for power.

The weight saving and different wing section gave much better performance than the original.

Construction was based around a preformed (balsa) leading edge. 5mm balsa ribs and 5mm carbon tube Trailing edge. Covering was laminating film.

Greg
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: CONSTRUCTION NOTES

There must be some way out of here, said the joker to the thief,
There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief
GUYBJR
Copper Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 05:58:43 PM »

Greggles,

Thanks for the info. That is the coolest Peacemaker I have seen.

Seeing you on SSW or SH, I guess you are familiar with the TEOSAWKI, by Clayton Smith. I uses the Eastern European style wing with grafted on nose and tail, but it is 605+/- sq in and uses an OS LA 46. I want to shrink the same idea down to the basic 46" size of the E-EU wing, then graft the nose and tail and use and OS FP20. The Wakkerman site is down. They used to have a pretty good section on building, but even then they did not have enough details for someone who has never built one. I'll keep you posted on the progress of this.

BTW, "pipemaker mike" was trying to put together a set of plans for the TEOSAWI, but I can't seem to get him to answer an inquiry on it.
Jez Wilkins
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 06:41:11 PM »

Hi GUYBJR.

Attached are some build instructions for a 'modernish' (1996) British 1/2A (i.e. 1.5cc) combat model.  There is a .pdf version of the plan for this model available for download here. http://controlline.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=120939&highlight=predator#120939 .

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jez Wilkins.

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
GUYBJR
Copper Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 01:10:14 AM »

Hi Jez,

Thanks for the attached file of instructions. Since I am new to this forum, how should I download the attached file?
Thanks.
afranca
Nickel Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 09:17:26 PM »

Good evening everyone!,

I have very little time, especially for model airplanes, so every contribution I can give to the forum ends with an eyedropper.

Awhile downloaded the drawings section of the forum the construction plan of the wing Belyaev, re-designed and vectorized for laser cutting of parts and fabricated assemblies 5, which'm riding with considerable success.

For this reason I would upload the vector cutting I did, just do not know if it would be better to put them here or if it would be possible to put them together to the original drawings.

what do you think? Huh
GUYBJR
Copper Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 12:58:02 AM »

Afranca,

My suggestion would be to place the laser cutting information and any building notes with the original drawings.

Guybjr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: