Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 18, 2018, 05:09:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thermic C, Jasco versus Jetco  (Read 2519 times)
FLYBOY49
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2018, 11:36:12 AM »

Spent some time yesterday and will again today make balsa dust.  Got a 'V' tailed Thermic 'C' almost finished. 1944 version.  I already have the 1944 conventional tail model completed and the Jetco version.  So, that still leaves the 1946 versions to build. (Both conventional and 'V' tailed.) That'll give me 5 Thermic 'C's to take to the SAM Champs in 2019.

Van...

FLYBOY49
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2018, 02:06:44 PM »

I have heard on another site that they didn't know about the 'V' tailed Thermic 'C'.  Well, there is enough detail on the 1944 plan to build one.  Then on the 1946 kit box there is a picture of one.

Both versions appear to be standard build stabilizers with a couple extra bays added and a 'V' structure added to the back of the boom with quite a bit of negative decolage.

A note on the 1944 plan states to use the conventional tail version in contests. Huh

Van...
Balsa dust is absorbing,
It absorbs the troubles of the day.
Bob Benjamin
Nickel Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2018, 10:59:18 AM »

Flyboy,

Did you see my post just ahead of yours? It turns out that what I have is the 1946 Jasco kit with the "standard" tail. If you are interested I can post a couple photos of the kit.

Bob Benjamin
FLYBOY49
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2018, 10:45:12 AM »

I'd be more interested in a picture of the kit box, if it's like mine and has the 'V' tailed one on it.

Any one else built a 'V' tailed Thermic 'C'?

Might bring more comments from the group.

Van...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: