Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 10, 2018, 09:42:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another Zippy Sport Bostonian  (Read 723 times)
ffscale
Silver Member

Kudos: 23

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2014, 06:36:57 AM »

As the Hungerford model flying club had hired a local school in Newbury for a a few indoor sessions I thought it would be nice to build something new to fly.   Inspired by Pepeimc's build I decided to give the Zippy sport Bostonian a go - it seems to suit the Bostonian "conversion" very nicely.  I put my serious projects on the back burner for three weeks and had some fun building something simpler using any old wood I had lying around. The only modification from the plan was to enlarge the fin slightly, based on pepeimc's experience.  I used pre-shrunk blue Esaki for all the flying surfaces, and unshrunk for the fuselage. It was SO nice not to have to get the airbrush out  Smiley  Glazing is cut from the window in a supermarket cake box.  The fuselage stripes are from notepaper attached with glue stick.  It came out over the 14g weight minimum by a couple of grams, but it's only for fun really. 

It trimmed our fairly easily once I had jacked up the tailplane trailing edge by 1/16", explained by the fact my C of G was rather further forward than shown on the plan.  It was determined to fly right, so I let it and was quite lively on a loop of 1/8" - it got up in the roof at well under full winds, so I'll try a smaller motor next time out.

Mike S
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Another Zippy Sport Bostonian
tross
Gold Member

Kudos: 37

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 10:05:16 AM »

So that's what I'm supposed to do with all my scrap wood and cake boxes! Grin Cheesy Smiley Grin
Cool plane.

Instructions: Step One...Assemble the pile of sticks shown in pic "A" to look like the model airplane shown in pic "B"........
PB_guy
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

Canada Canada

Just a kid at heart.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 04:57:05 PM »

A great excuse for buying cake!!!  Grin
ian
rgroener
Platinum Member

Kudos: 27

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 01:34:48 AM »

Looking very nice. The fuselage seems to be only a bit wider than the origninal...
Have fun with it.

Roman
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 168

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 03:41:38 AM »

What - you only built one. Grin  Huh
You should have a great little flyer there.
John
FreeFlightModeller
Russ Lister
Titanium Member

Kudos: 60

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 06:40:27 PM »

Looks great Mike  Smiley

Serious projects ..... I like the sound of that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: