Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 24, 2017, 12:46:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1960s Coupe d'Hiver Postal  (Read 100847 times)
Mark Braunlich
Gold Member

Kudos: 52

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: April 21, 2017, 12:14:39 PM »

I have shipped the plaques for 1st through 3rd place.  I would appreciated the recipients sending me a PM when they receive them.

Thank you,

Mark
tgwhitley
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: June 21, 2017, 01:46:27 AM »

Mark

Will you have this postal contest again this season?

Thank you
Tim
Mark Braunlich
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: June 21, 2017, 10:29:02 AM »

Yeah I'll go ahead with it for another season.  This time though we will go with Northern Hemisphere first.....we will begin on Dec 1, 2017 and run through the end of March, 2018 for the North.   For the Southern Hemisphere, we will begin June 1, 2018 and run through the end of Sept., 2018.    

Sorry for the delayed decision but I think the enthusiasm has waned a bit and I had mixed feelings about continuing.  But YES we're GO for 2017-2018.

Mark
D/T
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: June 21, 2017, 01:26:10 PM »

Mark
Great! I will certainly join in next winter.
Don
FF Bruce
Gold Member

Kudos: 11

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: June 21, 2017, 07:01:25 PM »

I'll try and give it a go,have you thought of giving out medals they are kinda cool too.
ffkiwi
Gold Member

Kudos: 17

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: June 21, 2017, 09:02:14 PM »

So in practical terms there is no 2017 60s Coupe postal contest?

ChrisM
 'ffkiwi'
RayE
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: June 22, 2017, 04:38:17 PM »

Having built the Bilgri "Mini" I'll certainly be having a go, and hoping to improve on my performance.

Ray
Mark Braunlich
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: November 06, 2017, 10:06:10 AM »

Okay, getting back to this postal.  My apologies but various matters arose to push the 2017-2018 competition back.   We will begin this one with the Northern Hemisphere folks having the first go on 1 December.  

Please read:

1960s  Winter Cup Postal Rules:

•   Dates of the Third competition:  In keeping with the spirit of a winter free flight event, those living in the Northern Hemisphere will fly in Dec, 2017 through March, 2018.  Those living in the Southern Hemisphere will fly June-Sept, 2018.    Models may be flown on more than one day during the allotted time spans.

•   Models must be built from plans or 3-views published between January, 1960 and December, 1969 (inclusive).    Earlier models that were published in the 1960s may   be flown.  Models designed in the 1960s that were not published until later may not be flown in this competition.

•   In the event that models are built to small 3-views lacking detail or clarity, the competitor is allowed to improvise for the missing details but the model should be completed with 1960s’ technology and materials.  Models must not be “modernized” with materials that were not in common use in that decade.  For example, covering should be tissue paper, Silkspan or Modelspan.

•   Each competitor is responsible for being able to prove, if challenged, that the model in question was published in the 1960s time frame.  It is suggested that such documentation be in hand before any given model is constructed for this competition.

•   Models must not include VIT, folding wings, or other functions and materials common in modern F1G practice. (No carbon fiber, Kevlar, Mylar)

•   The D/T function should, if possible, be provided with whatever was used on the original for the timing function.  A mechanical timer may only be used if there is shown to exist, documentation that such a timer is appropriate to the airframe in question during the 1960s or if a burning fuse type is illegal in your locale.  Viscous timers are also permitted.

•   Models originally designed for 90gram airframes with 10gram motors may be lightened for this competition.

•   Each competitor may fly up to (3) three models but may enter only once.

•   Models must weigh in excess of 70.0 grams less motor.

•   Maximum weight of the motor lubricated is 10.0 grams.

•   Each competitor is on their honor to fly a model to the weight requirements.  The timesheet shall include an initialed statement that the weight of the airframe and the    motor(s) used in the official flights meet the weight requirements.

•   Models shall be hand launched.   Jumping is allowed.

•   Each competitor is entitled to (5) five official flights with a maximum of 120 seconds for each official flight.

•   Each competitor shall declare to his/her timekeeper that an official flight is being attempted.

•   The timekeeper shall record the duration of the first attempt of the official flight unless the flight is unsuccessful.

•   An unsuccessful attempt shall be any flight of less than 20 seconds.

•   A second unsuccessful attempt at the official flight shall be recorded as a zero time flight.

•   The timekeeper should be positioned near the point of launching and may not follow the model.

•   If (5) five maxes are recorded by a competitor, additional official flight(s) shall be flown with maximum flight duration increasing in 30 second increments, 150, 180, 210, 240 seconds, etc.

•   The competitor and timekeeper shall sign their time-sheet and e-mail a scanned image of same to the Contest Director, Mark Braunlich or another delegated to fill the CD role in the event that would be necessary.  Do NOT post your official times in this thread or elsewhere on HPA.

•   The three top placing competitors will be awarded modest plaques provided by myself.  All entrants are encouraged to engage in friendly competition, make new  friends and above all: have fun.

Mark
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 21

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: November 06, 2017, 09:33:05 PM »

Recently discovered that I'd scanned this plan but never posted Nikolina here.  I can mail a full size paper plan at $4 each if anyone wants one.  See reply #84  in the original thread for a pic of this smallish Cd'H.

Where can I see the original thread on Nikolina
Mark Braunlich
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: November 07, 2017, 10:21:50 AM »

FLYACE1946.

The original thread on 1960s Coupe d'Hiver postal is in the section Postal & E-Postal Competitions.   
See attachment, is this what you're looking for?  This small article was in Feb '65 Aeromodeller
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: 1960s Coupe d'Hiver Postal
Re: 1960s Coupe d'Hiver Postal

Mark
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 21

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: November 07, 2017, 02:06:51 PM »

This is just fine. Thank You PM sent
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]   Go Up