Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 21, 2017, 04:31:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Entire Radio Control Modeler Magazine Available to You  (Read 3181 times)
Ser00
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: February 25, 2014, 04:58:42 PM »

Hello all,

I finally completed a labor of love that took three years in the making. When I first got started in RC modeling, I would pick up Radio Control Modeler Magazine and read the articles in it from cover to cover and repeat. Well, this was during my college days and I needed to make a decision between finishing school or building more airplanes. After completing my degree, I got back into building and flying RC planes. I ordered a set of plans from RCMplans.com (when they were still faithful in getting their plans out to customers) and I was looking for a build article for the F-117 (February 1997 issue) and I asked if anybody could send me a scanned copy of the article. Well, all I got was that I could pay for the article or buy the magazine from individuals. I thought that this was not very helpful so I decided to look on EBAY and I found and obtained the magazine. I read the magazine from cover to cover and I remember how much I enjoyed the magazine. I decided to see if I could order more RC Modeler Magazines to read. After acquiring a fair number of magazines, I decided that I would scan the magazines and convert them into PDFs for easy storage and retrieval. Long story short, I have acquired, scanned and converted them all into PDFs. All the issues from October 1963 to June 2005. Along the way, I have also collected Model Aviation, Model Airplane News and Flying Model magazines, all of which have been scanned to PDF.  So, if you are looking for an article, a review, a build article or whatever, please let me know and I will upload the article so that you and anybody else can enjoy it.

Happy flying and soft landings!
dosco
Gold Member

Kudos: 5

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 05:50:28 PM »

Wow, that's an impressive amount of work. A labor of love, no doubt.

Have you seen this website: http://www.colinusher.info/Model%20Aircraft/images.html  ....?

Regards-
Dave
Ser00
Copper Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 07:09:33 PM »

Hi Dosco,

No, I did not know about that website. It looks like something that I need to spend some time on.  It would be easy to download the  images and collect them all into "magazine" PDFs.  Thanks for the link!

Pit
Palladium Member

Kudos: 124

Germany Germany

aka staubkorb

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 06:43:54 AM »

Great work and info!  I have been trying to decide what to do with MY hardcopy collection of RCM that has to be eliminated Sad.  Not quite as complete with some of the later issues missing and all prior to 1975...

A Dedicated Convert to:
WWWoFF (Wonderfull Wacky World of Free Flight)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
Bryanair
Silver Member

Kudos: 4

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Bryan Lea

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 01:45:47 PM »

Hello

I wonder if you can help?  I have been looking for an article by Dave Rees which was in Flying Models magazine October 1989 in which he describes his trimming methods.  I believe it to be within the build article of the General Aristocrat model.

Thanking you in anticipation.  That is a lot of work to scan those magazines.

Bryan
Ser00
Copper Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 08:26:54 AM »

Hi Brian,

I will need to look in my collection of unscanned magazines to see if I have that issue of Flying Models.  The only full collection I have is RC Modeler. I have Model Airplane News from 1985-2014 and Model Aviation from 1975-2013. I have a few other magazines that I have picked up along the way but no real collection (RCM&E, Sports Models, Radio Modeler, ect). If I have that article, I will scan it and post it for you.

Dimeflyer
Platinum Member

Kudos: 53

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 10:53:50 AM »

I would call that being dedicated to your hobby guy .
 I think you have more than I do as far as the magazines go but I have approximately
4.6 thousand printed plans ,but they are not cataloged and I may not live long enough to
do so ?? , I love collecting the plans as much as building the models !
 This gets me in trouble with my wife all the time !!!
But I am addicted to the hunt for the plans !!
George
skyraider
Platinum Member

Kudos: 62

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 12:16:31 PM »

George,
     I used to have a vast collection of plans also. Some 44 tubes stuffed to the guild.
Problem was, I didn't know what I had and some were double and triple copies. Not
to mention the space they took up and the smell they generated after sitting in storage
for so long. Another problem I faced was that over time, the plans will fade even when
stored in a dark place. And then there's the silverfish and other bugs that like to eat paper.
I would suggest at some point in time to get them in a digital scan format before its too late.

Ser00,
       Well done and I applaude your efforts. To preserve the past is something I believe in
very strongly. It would be great if these were stored on a website or available on a DVD.

Skyraider
billmz
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 01:38:41 PM »

SerOO,

Would you happen to have a digital copy of the January 1986 Model Aviation magazine?  It contains the plans and build instructions for the Ace 4-60 sport plane.  A friend of mine had one back around 1990, and he allowed me to fly it. It was a wonderful airplane, and I've wanted to build one ever since...  if you have this issue, I would greatly appreciate if you could email a copy to  billmz68@yahoo.com  !

Billy

"According to the NTSB investigators, the cause of the crash is still unknown..."
Well DUH!  It was GRAVITY that caused the crash!
Dimeflyer
Platinum Member

Kudos: 53

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 07:49:19 PM »

Skyraider
 I have almost all of them copied to CDs and most if not all are still on 3" 1.44mb floppy disks for witch
I still have drives for an CPU that is not on the net and will never be on the net so that it has little chance to catch any virus or worms or malware  to destroy the OPS or any data files I want to keep for later use and I don't
mind multiple copies of files !! Wink
The only problem I have is getting the time to sort and label all of the files with their order and storage
cabinet they are hiding in ?
George
Ser00
Copper Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 04:29:04 PM »

Hi Billmz,

I sent you the article that you requested to your email. Enjoy!
aurora60
Nickel Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 03:09:28 AM »

serOO, I did the same thing but in grade school. I even worked as an aid in the library in 7th grade to get the old MAN mags when they were to be thrown out.
I started collecting mags again a few years back and have accumulated quite a few. I still have them packed though. Planning to build a house in a couple years and then they are going into a little librwry of my own.
If your missing an issue let me know. I'll see if I have a copy. If I do I'll let you use it for your digital collection.
Just give me a call. Im pretty busy and dont get around to "surf" on the internet as much anymore.
I really like your project. Something I need to do to my little stock as well.

David Miller
(808)277-8205
RCbobcat55
Copper Member

Hello from Bob M.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »

Hi from rcbobcat55  I have just acquired a new in box Hobby Shack Spirit of 76 sailplane and am looking for the RC Modeller article on how to convert it for slope by reducing the dihedral, beefing up the center section, and adding ailerons. I Smiley built 2 of them using the article and would like to do the same with this one. Any help would be appreciated. I believe the article was published towards the end of 1976. Thanks much and a scan sent to my e-mail would be fine. Thanks much again-Bob M.  PM is rcbobcat55@yahoo.com
George770
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 12:55:17 AM »

Hello all,

I finally completed a labor of love that took three years in the making. When I first got started in RC modeling, I would pick up Radio Control Modeler Magazine and read the articles in it from cover to cover and repeat. Well, this was during my college days and I needed to make a decision between finishing school or building more airplanes. After completing my degree, I got back into building and flying RC planes. I ordered a set of plans from RCMplans.com (when they were still faithful in getting their plans out to customers) and I was looking for a build article for the F-117 (February 1997 issue) and I asked if anybody could send me a scanned copy of the article. Well, all I got was that I could pay for the article or buy the magazine from individuals. I thought that this was not very helpful so I decided to look on EBAY and I found and obtained the magazine. I read the magazine from cover to cover and I remember how much I enjoyed the magazine. I decided to see if I could order more RC Modeler Magazines to read. After acquiring a fair number of magazines, I decided that I would scan the magazines and convert them into PDFs for easy storage and retrieval. Long story short, I have acquired, scanned and converted them all into PDFs. All the issues from October 1963 to June 2005. Along the way, I have also collected Model Aviation, Model Airplane News and Flying Model magazines, all of which have been scanned to PDF.  So, if you are looking for an article, a review, a build article or whatever, please let me know and I will upload the article so that you and anybody else can enjoy it.

Whatever became of your hard work? Did you ever upload it anywhere? Do you still have it? Would you consider uploading to outerzone.co.uk?
I know it's been a couple of years since you posted but, what the heck you might actually answer. Thanks . George Albo
sprogs
Silver Member

Kudos: 6

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 01:40:28 PM »

Dear Ser00
I've just found your post on Hip pocket, your RCM collection sounds to me like modelling heaven. If you still have it would you consider selling a dvdr copy? I would happily pay for so much reading pleasure. Please let me know if you would be interested.
Luv
Liz

The interface between air and ground has no thickness at all. So why do I always find room for my aircraft there ?
XWeissang
Nickel Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 06:14:31 PM »

I just learned that Bill Stullick, one of Lockheed's greatest model builders (Kelly's favorite) passed away.  He had built a model of a Vought Cutlass that I believe appeared on the cover of RCM.  Year??  1990-ish is a guess.  Any possibility of a cover recovery??  I gave him 2 pictures of a Cutlass as a reference and this came up in discussion amongst friends a few days ago.  I am a retired Lockheed guy of 33+ years.  Was chatting with a retired U2 test pilot neighbor and another former co-worker friend.

Here's Bill's Obit if you're interested.  A great guy and character.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/william-stullick-obituary?pid=1000000181104897

Many thanks-
Joel
brainFreeze
Nickel Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 12:21:09 AM »

Are you still around? I would really like the 5/1972 issue of RC Modeler
fred
Gold Member

Kudos: 2

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 12:29:02 AM »

Profile says his last post was Feb 2015.
NORTON
Nickel Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 09:54:07 AM »

Hi Dec. 1990. 'Radio Modeller is this in your list ?  I will be well pleased if you can offer building tips on the free plan of Halberstrat D 3 in that edition , Many thanks Richard
Bargle
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 11:36:06 AM »

Hey everyone, here's 2 sites to check for old issues of RCM.

https://rclibrary.co.uk/browse/category.asp?Cat1=Magazines&page=1

https://rcbookcase.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: