Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
April 24, 2018, 08:36:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peanut Focke Wulf Ta 154 by Pres Bruning  (Read 1673 times)
skyraider
Platinum Member

Kudos: 86

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2014, 09:27:07 AM »

Widdog,
     No build is a failure if you learned something in the process. And trying something that
may be out of your skill level is how you improve. You have to push yourself. Like they say,
if you keep knocking at the door, sooner or later it will open.

While I agree with everyone else, sometimes I have to put a project down for awhile to clear
my head. After a few weeks or months, I'll come back to it and see the mistakes I've made and
make the changes needed. The key thing is to have patience and faith.

What is "The Company" anyway?  In any event, their loss is your gain and I appreciate your
efforts. This is what model building is all about. Just hang in there.

Skyraider
faif2d
Platinum Member

Kudos: 29

Sun came up I was here to see it = good day

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 10:04:24 AM »

I think that the Company he is referring to is Guillows site.  Is that correct Widdog?

I used to like painting with dope but now I can't remember why!    Steve Fauble
Widdog
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2014, 02:34:47 PM »

I admit I call Guillow's "The Company" when I am at odds with them. Sometimes I feel they are great for this hobby and other times I don't really think they are so great for the hobby. Since I have been wrong before I try not to take out my frustrations on Guillow's.

Anyway I used to post a lot on their forum. I have started to post more on this forum. At first I thought the Expert Modelers would not think too highly of a Intermediate Level Modeler posting "On Their Forum" I have to say I was totally wrong about that last thought. The Expert Modelers on this forum are the Greatest!
They freely give advice and tech support. Also I find it very interesting to read their posts.

Anyway  HPA and the other members got me interested in "Scratch Building". I always had a great passion for the hobby but until this forum I never really had any direction. I am trying to start a FF group here in Morgantown WV. People, at the park, have noticed my flying getting better. I was hoping to get some of the old school modelers to join my group. As it turns out I'm the old timer talking to young kids about models. Anyway as can be seen there is defiantly a need for me to be as knowledgeable as possible about our hobby.

Even when I do "Screw The Pooch" it is out of ignorance and not malice. This is a great forum. I have total respect for this forum and all the other members no matter what skill leave they are. As far as Guillow's forum well they exclude Scratch Builders there.

Widdog
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 08:21:09 PM »

I wanted to leave this topic on a good note. I looked through my model airplane scrap pile and found this old 500 Series kit. I hit it with the hot glue gun and got it to a flyable state. It has a AUW of 41 g. Nobody said this was going to be easy. Anyway I think I got it to trim fly on 4 strands of 1/8 http://youtu.be/DTLsnPg6Ey4 Anyway I stuffed it with 8 strands of 3/32 inch rubber. Tomorrow I will try it out. BTW I do delete these trim video's after a couple of days so I don't junk up youtube.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Peanut Focke Wulf Ta 154 by Pres Bruning
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: