Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 17, 2017, 03:42:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Interscale 2015, 14/15 november, Nijmegen, Netherlands  (Read 11691 times)
daveh
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2015, 03:37:50 PM »

Never before have I been to a country where I cannot speak a single word of the language. I shall probably lapse into Spanish.

Bill,
I lived in the Netherlands for four years and only ever learned a miniscule amount of Dutch because the locals all spoke English; even if I tried to speak Dutch they almost invariably replied in English (how on earth did they know? An accent - me?).
Dave
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 35

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2015, 10:48:16 AM »

Just a few more day's till Interscale...

Everybody ready for it???
Yes I think so. Five models which sort-of fly, not a detail between them, and I'm done now.
 Have spent all day making, breaking in motors, making winding tubes etc. I find rubber rather a faff, and am looking forward to building models that I just screw an engine into.
I'm going to wind them all up tomorrow to make sure I don't forget anything... like a winder.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Interscale 2015, 14/15 november, Nijmegen, Netherlands
BernardB
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2015, 01:43:31 PM »

Regarding payments and sorting out the entry conformation. Roel is normally very busy with a lot of stuff. Payments can be done on the spot in the hall. I'm from Holland and I don't even pay in advance. The advantage is that the hall has to be paid afterwards. So don't worry, only thing (I read somewhere, somebody tried to pay via pay-pal) talk to Roel if you paid in advance, if the payment was received.

Just come to the hall and enlist and pay at the table of the organisation. Ever since the first international meeting was held it was always a bit loose about organisation.

I hope to see a lot of pistachio's at my judging table this year.

Bernard
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Kudos: 51

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: November 10, 2015, 10:31:29 AM »

Thanks, Bernard. I'm sure it will all be great.

Here's my fleet, such as it is. Unlike Bill's, only one of these is new.
(The Agricola is an afterthought. I thought it might be nice to have something else in open rubber, just in case the Antoinette bombs.)
Wout Moerman
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2015, 04:02:22 PM »

Bernard,

I will have a pistachio for you, my Koolhoven F.K. 46 is almost finished. It has a new cockpit interior, all control surfaces are now separate and a lot of details are added. Sorry, no time for pics on the moment.

For the rest I will fly my thrustworthy Fokker F.II, which is also 'supered' and also almost finished. And I have my Veron Wildcat for kitscale and two Fokker F.XVIII profile scale models. I think I will leave my Birddog at home this year and skip the Open Scale rubber class.

For the team race I will probably bring my Corben Super Ace Dime, although I also can use my Birddog for this.

CU all on Saturday!

BTW, there is no audience this year as the hall is being renovated and these facilities are not yet finished. But for flying there will be no problems according to Roel. The buffet will be at our clubroom, which was a succes last year.

Rubber FF scale:
www.zininmodelvliegen.nl
g_kandylakis
Gold Member

Kudos: 11

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2015, 03:22:55 AM »

A little foggy today but we will fly nonetheless...
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2015, 01:44:19 AM »

It was really great to see you there, George as well as Urs, Roman and everyone else. So many 'finally putting faces to models' moments and a wonderful welcome and hospitality from Roel, Wout and all their team. 'Thank you' really doesn't cover it as the whole event surpassed my already very high expectations. What a truly inspiring and brilliantly enjoyable weekend we had!

There should be plenty of pictures on here eventually, and on the Nijmegen boys' own website. I took a few of the poorish snapshot variety but am not going to post much till back in Blighty tomorrow.

Finally for now then, a big well done to Tim H- now the current Profile Scale champion of Europe with his Chambermaid! Plus we won the the pylon race with Tim's Floyd Bean racer. Held over two rounds don't you know! Luckily all I had to do though was not drop it while he wound!

And a massive congrats to Roman, whose Vagabond won 'Best in Show' as voted for by the contestants and also blew away the Kit Scale competition with some glorious slow flying using the entire hall space. THAT'S how to announce yourself at your first indoor contest! Great to meet you at last; your models look even better in the flesh than they do on here. Hope you have a good trip home.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 01:56:22 AM by Pete Fardell » Logged
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Kudos: 21

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2015, 04:20:45 AM »

Wow, that is a fine account of the proceedings.  I am really envious!  The next one will be given top priority for next time so far as I am concerned. Thanks Pete. You clearly had a very good time.  L
g_kandylakis
Gold Member

Kudos: 11

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2015, 12:38:48 PM »

That was indeed a great event!

More will follow, for now here is a group picture of all those who made it happen, organisers and participants.

If my records are correct, this was the Interscale with entries from the most countries ever, 10. Probably also with the highest competitor and model entry too.

George

PS. the photo was taken by Wijnand de Joode
PS2. needless to say, only a fraction of the models entered and flown are in this picture...
Wout Moerman
Gold Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2015, 02:09:36 PM »

Here is the first of my 800+ pictures ... I won't post them all and it will take some time to post a good selection of them, but I will at least show all the winning planes here. I've tried to photograph all models that were entered in the competition, but new models kept popping up till the very end. But I think I must have made studio-photographs of at least 95% them. I have them also in higher resolution for participants who want a good picture of their own plane, just let me know if you're interested. The total set of photo's will be presented on the Interscale website.

This is Roman Groeners model for which he received the Best of Show award, an award for which votes of all participants were collected.

Rubber FF scale:
www.zininmodelvliegen.nl
FFmodeller
Titanium Member

Kudos: 50

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2015, 02:38:33 PM »

Great group photo George  Smiley .... something that would be good for the UK Nats.

800 Wout? .... I think I could cope with that  Smiley
IndoorFlyer

« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2015, 02:43:18 PM »

Yes, I agree.  800 would be a decent summary of the action... Roll Eyes

Too bad there isn't a batch upload feature somewhere on this forum or gallery...
Wout Moerman
Gold Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2015, 03:53:12 PM »

There is over 300 of studio pictures, in which each plane is photographed from at least two angles. So that's maybe 100 planes? And some nice flight shots, about 200 I guess, but less than 20 good ones. I see what I can do!

Here is Peter Smarts famous Lancaster in flight. There are some grey patches on the walls which make a great background for in flight pictures. A good model also helps ...

And as we all know: the models of Roman are very easy to photograph. Here is his big Piper Vagabond again ..... and his peanut Piper. Looking at this last pic makes me realize that my eyes are getting blurry, time to get some sleep!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:29:26 PM by Wout Moerman » Logged

Rubber FF scale:
www.zininmodelvliegen.nl
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2015, 04:09:55 PM »

Pretty good of you to spend the time but am very impatient to seethe result of your labours....... But no pressure!!  Tomorrow will do Cheesy Wink
rlucas
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Netherlands Netherlands

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2015, 04:31:12 PM »

Hi all!

It was great to have so many of you over at our contest! Great to see so many faces from many different countries. It could be a record number of flyers yes, or in any case be very close, I am not sure what the highest number of flyers would have been before? As I write this, all the scores and results are being double checked by Gert; from there we'll have the result list published as soon as we can.

From an personal standpoint it was a challenging contest, more then contests before, this was the 7th international contest we organised as the Nijmeegse Luchtvaartclub. A combination of the high number of flyers (some entered in the days before), the high number of models, the very high level of building and flying, reconstruction of the front of the hall and other things that always crop up in a big event like this made it quite a challenge to get everything in order and steer the event in the right direction. The only way this is possible is with the big group of volunteers we have and that are pitching in everywhere where they can. Be it scale judging, scorekeeping, making food, timekeeping or other various tasks that always crop up. Without them putting up an event like this would ofcourse be impossible. Obviously, as always, there definitely is room for improvement. We are always open to critique and input; send a mail and let us know what you would like to see added, changed or improved!

In any case; a big thank you to the competitors that made the journey to attend and the group of volunteers that put up the event. We hope to see you many of you back at the International Indoor Fly-In 2016, 12/13 november!

Now, with this contest over, where did I put my building board...? Wink

Best regards,
Roel
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:26:22 PM by rlucas » Logged
FFmodeller
Titanium Member

Kudos: 50

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2015, 04:57:26 PM »

Well done Roel, Wout and all involved ..... already can see that you had a great event  Smiley

For an indoor photo, that Lancaster looks so realistic!
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2015, 05:47:18 AM »

Thank you, Winfried Huguenin- I see this is on YouTube already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gERMwCAc098
A nice mix!

(including some footage of the first pylon race round; we left them standing at the start, Tim!  Grin)
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2015, 06:06:40 AM »

Also, thank you Erik Crins...
https://vimeo.com/145879886
and
https://vimeo.com/145881223

(I hope this is okay to post links to other people's videos without asking them, only I don't think they use this forum to ask. Someone please tell me if it's not!)
BernardB
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2015, 06:08:02 AM »

Erik also posted the videos on our club facebook page. So please do share them. That's what they are there for....
Jack Plane
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2015, 06:56:12 AM »

Thank you, Winfried Huguenin- I see this is on YouTube already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gERMwCAc098
A nice mix!

Love the jersey-wielding matador at 2:00!  Grin
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2015, 07:09:26 AM »

Love the jersey-wielding matador at 2:00!  Grin
That's a bit of a Bryan Stichbury trademark. I'm never quite convinced it's the best way to stop a model, but I suppose it stops your fingers being shredded and is certainly better than bricks or a table leg! He was doing some sterling work on the walls.
Dave Crompton
Silver Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2015, 10:39:23 AM »

Hi all,
looks like I missed a fantastic weekend, I just couldn't get my models finished and trimmed in time for the event. Going off recent comments and videos posted on the forum it looks like a great time had by all. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures from the weekend. Well done to everyone, especially to my mates Pete Fardell and Tim Horne.  Smiley Wink
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2015, 11:58:03 AM »

Thanks for the videos and pictures - I cannot afford not to go next year.  Really irritated with myself.
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2015, 12:48:32 PM »

Hi all,
looks like I missed a fantastic weekend, I just couldn't get my models finished and trimmed in time for the event. Going off recent comments and videos posted on the forum it looks like a great time had by all. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures from the weekend. Well done to everyone, especially to my mates Pete Fardell and Tim Horne.  Smiley Wink
Cheers, Dave! We missed you. You could have got them trimmed and finished AT the event of course! Next time- definitely!

I got some photos but here's my only video offering; Tim's beautiful twin Mustang. Hopefully someone else's photo will do it better justice than mine. Sadly he couldn't quite get it flying well enough and after some table leg damage he wisely saved it for another day. But it wasn't far away as the vid shows.
(In fact if you watch it with the sound turned down you will see a genuine qualifying flight, because you won't notice the cheeky little touch-and-go it does when it sneaks off camera!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DttsWC2xvBA&feature=youtu.be
USch
Gold Member

Kudos: 16

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2015, 12:58:56 PM »

Hi all, definitively Interscale is a must to go.
So nice to meet people you'd know only from the forum. And learn really something about how to build scale models.

A big thanks to all the Nijmegen guys who did an excellent job on organizing this event.

Urs

PS= pictures later, I am still travelling around Holland.

Fast up-Slow down
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: