Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
June 24, 2017, 04:44:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Broadly Bostonian Cookup  (Read 38392 times)
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Kudos: 47

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: November 07, 2016, 07:05:47 AM »

Thanks, I'll try it, Russ. Best flight time on that motor was 39 seconds. I need at least another 20 to be competitive in that hall.
glue_finger
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: November 24, 2016, 08:27:31 PM »

Committed to the Beancraft Bonanza.  Started the wing and bent landing gear wire.  This seems like it will be a nice quick build.  Should be time for another before the deadline.  I will have to start giving away airplanes soon.   Shocked

I was quite a lot overly optimistic in that post, to say the least.   Cheesy  Got a bit side tracked with work, I haven't done anything modelling related all year, right up to now!   Yesterday was free and gave time for a fuselage and tailplane.  The noseblock should be a solid block of balsa, but none on hand.  There is some green insulating foam about, so giving that a try.  I need to make wheels and maybe the prop, install rear peg and landing gear, cover and assemble.  The plan calls for making the prop from a soda bottle, so sounds fun, may take a stab at it. 

I took a nice stroll through the thread when glue was drying.  What a fantastic bunch of models.  Congrats to all. 
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Broadly Bostonian Cookup
glue_finger
Silver Member

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: December 02, 2016, 09:07:40 PM »

A little more progress.  My covering technique has really gone downhill.  I like the foam noseblock though.  I filled the foam surface with lightweight spackle, covered with tissue and thin elmers glue, and gave it a coat of thin dope.  It weighs 1g with the thrust button.  

Still a good bit of finishing up to do.  
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:26:07 PM by glue_finger » Logged
korale
Silver Member

Kudos: 5

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: December 03, 2016, 06:24:00 AM »

I've had a lot less time to build models than I used to, however I have built a new bostonian.

I was trying to go for something that looked like a BT-13 / AT-6 Radial engined Trainer. Not too happy with the build quality but it looks ok after being painted.

I have found a (relatively) cheap source of 2 mil foam and this is built from that. needs a prop and few more details and it will be ready to fly.

Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Kudos: 47

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: December 03, 2016, 05:16:25 PM »

The Beancraft Bonanza is looking great, Glue-finger! Lovely contrasting warm colours and very pleasing lines.

Korale- that's a quirky little beast too. I really like it. That's quite a canopy!
glue_finger
Silver Member

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: December 10, 2016, 04:57:32 PM »

Thanks Mr. Pete!  Very little left to do now, just bend one end of the prop shaft and make up a test motor.  It weighs a shade over 12g without the motor.  Tried making the soda bottle prop but it seemed like the pitch was very high, so this will just use a plastic prop for now.  Now to wait for some free time on a calm day.  No indoor space handy to here. 
OZPAF
Titanium Member

Kudos: 37

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: December 10, 2016, 05:34:43 PM »

That's a pretty little model GF.
John
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31]   Go Up
Print