Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 10, 2018, 09:39:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New bostonian  (Read 1104 times)
BernardB
Silver Member

Kudos: 4

Netherlands Netherlands

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2015, 11:48:02 AM »

I was looking for a model for some fun flying and found a nice design for a bostonian. I've got no idea if it will be build according to all the rules but it's just for fun.

The tail sections, left wing and the fuselage is finished already. Next step will be building the right wing and covering all the parts. After the BMFA Nats I will have my silver tissue I'm going to use to cover this model.

Bernard
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
New bostonian
New bostonian
New bostonian
New bostonian
New bostonian
New bostonian
rgroener
Platinum Member

Kudos: 27

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 04:52:23 AM »

Bernard,looks good.
One knight in Boston.... really like it, thought about to build it myself. Looking forward to see yours.
Roman
BernardB
Silver Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 08:23:16 AM »

Finally got my covering material from the BMFA nats last weekend. So hopefully I can make some progress coming weekend.
snort3
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 12:55:48 PM »

BernardB: 

I just finished one of these funny little beasts.  I haven't flown it yet.  The wings look a bit small to me, but what do I know?
As it happens, mine is decked out in the Nederlander East Indies Army Air Force insignia.  The old orange triangle of prewar times. I'll post a picture when I figure out how to do it. 

Snort3
BernardB
Silver Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 08:33:56 AM »

Ah nice.

The models flies well. There was another dutch flyer who has build this model a few years ago. It flew really good. I'm going to make it silver with some drawings of chess pieces on there.

Looking forward to see the picture.
BernardB
Silver Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 02:41:29 PM »

Started covering some of the parts today. Stabilizer and rubber are covered and I started making the wheels. Hopefully I can finish the other wing tomorrow so I can sand them and start covering. The fuselage will be a bit more work because I need to make the nose block first before I can cover the the fuselage. And o yeah Medieval Melvin is also one of the parts I need to make.

I will post some pictures tomorrow.

Bernard
BernardB
Silver Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 10:34:44 AM »

The pictures as promised.

Stabilizer and rudder are covered. Also started covering the left wing. Upper side will be a different color. Before I can start covering the fuselage I needed to make a nose block and axle for the wheels. With this out of the way I can start covering the fuselage. Maiden flight will be at the end of may in Nijmegen.

Bernard
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: New bostonian
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: