Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 26, 2018, 07:29:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New helicopter project, Bell 30 ship 1A.  (Read 3992 times)
Ray_K
Gold Member

Kudos: 13

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2018, 11:37:20 PM »

5-21-2018

Hello all, and thank you for your kind words, to answer questions, my standard ratio between main rotor pulley and tail rotor pulley is 3 to 1 but is not critical, as long as there is no slippage between pulleys it is very easy to off set and adjust torque, my tail wheel rotor blades are pitch adjustable and you would be surprised on how little pitch is required for elegant flight, to prevent slippage I face my pulleys with very fine 800 grit sand paper and this eliminates slippage. Once set it is very consistent and no further adjustments are needed regardless of what or how much power is used to fly with.

I have a video of how much counter torque my tail rotors really have on my Bell 30, you will be shocked on how much thrust it puts out.  Cheesy As soon as I get the video on U-tube I will post it here.

Cheers, Ray K.
tubegeek
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2018, 12:50:50 PM »

Aha - so the pitch adjustment is the final trim. Got it. Makes sense. Thanks, Ray.
Ray_K
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2018, 05:42:39 PM »

5-23-2018

All final sanding has been done and the covering job has started, will post pictures soon.

Cheers, Ray K.
Ray_K
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2018, 05:15:39 PM »

5-25-2018

Here is where I am at on the covering job so far, here is the video of the first transmission and torque test, so far so good.  Cheesy   https://youtu.be/6KCiRs24hTQ

Cheers, Ray K.
OZPAF
Titanium Member

Kudos: 135

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2018, 07:55:29 PM »

The transmission is working well Ray. I guess from your comments - you didn't quite expect that much thrust from your tail rotors.

John
Ray_K
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2018, 09:52:37 PM »

5-25-2018

Hello John,

That is correct, I redesigned the pulleys to prevent slippage between the two pulleys and to my surprise I had a huge amount of thrust which tells me that all previous models built prior to this one had to some degree or another some slippage issues and I just dealt with fiddling with the adjustments and trim. So I am now pleased that trim adjustments will be way easier than before.  Grin I am so excited now to see how this one will behave in flight. All future models will be based on what I have done here.

Cheers, Ray K.
fred
Gold Member

Kudos: 2

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2018, 10:34:35 PM »

Silly? question .. possibly ? One "could Buy a VL 911 Heli.. Komplete!  with Decent radio/tx for ~40$.. Delivered.. from Bangood.
 Then fit your carefully crafted fuse to it's mechanicals.
Naww... so much more challenging to reinvent that wheel.
Ray_K
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2018, 11:00:10 PM »

5-25-2018

Hello Fred,

Yes one could do that but then it would not be rubber powered, where's the fun in that.  Cheesy

Cheers, Ray K.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: