Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 16, 2017, 12:00:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nieuport 11 Bebe - Build  (Read 24375 times)
Rich Moore
Platinum Member

Kudos: 36

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: June 10, 2017, 05:14:51 AM »

Young at heart. Immature. And looking goooood!

It wasn't me
packardpursuit
Gold Member

Kudos: 33

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: June 14, 2017, 12:22:43 PM »

Keep working on this project. Never finish. Grin This thread should go on and on! If you feel a need, you may start a similar project... Shocked
Rich Moore
Platinum Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: June 14, 2017, 12:37:49 PM »

I am running out of time for Oxford - just how I like it, it seems. Got a few boring life related things to do, then I'll get her out of the box for some enhancement. Don't know what I'll start on first. Maybe the correct roundel colours for the aircraft I am modelling to start. There is loads to do - rigging, strut brackets, control linkages, grubbifying, cockpit coaming, lettering, gun mount (which I'm particularly looking forwards to getting done) and more...

It wasn't me
tubegeek
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: October 12, 2017, 06:53:58 PM »

I've just finished reading this entire astonishing thread. Very inspiring! The model radial engine is especially convincing, and the heroic effort in hammering the aluminum cowling has given an outstanding result as well.

Rich Moore, best of luck with the final touches. Quite a model.
Mark Braunlich
Gold Member

Kudos: 52

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: November 15, 2017, 08:40:23 PM »

Hi Rich,

Wondering how this project is going.  I recently joined a Nieuport Aircraft group on Facebook and have learned an awful lot about Nieuports in the last couple of weeks.  Lots of learned folks from all over the world.  One thing I learned is that RNAS aircraft in the first half of WW1 were likely as not to have French roundels.   Your Nie.XI,  N394 is likely one of them!   The color artwork you posted earlier, shown again here is wrong....the roundels on the wing are French.  The fuselage roundel is likely a RNAS add-on and is British.  Red usually shows up darker than blue with the film used then (orthochromatic).  Check out the photo attached.....the wing roundel is French.   Big difference in French and British blues too, the rudder should include the French blue.

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Nieuport 11 Bebe - Build
Re: Nieuport 11 Bebe - Build

Mark
Rich Moore
Platinum Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: November 16, 2017, 02:38:00 AM »

Hey Mark. I painted the roundel colours in a field at 6.00 in the morning. Not my best time for brain function - I used photos of Paris example for roundel colours, not photos of my modelled prototype. Thanks for pointing out that it is only the fuselage roundel colours that are actually wrong! I now notice the roundel on underside of upper wing as well. This model has been sulking in its box since May as I haven't got time for modelling at present. One day, I'll get it out and finish it - there is a lot of work still to do.

It wasn't me
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: