Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 11, 2018, 06:47:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Electric DPC laser cut Sterling "Beginners Eindecker"  (Read 439 times)
Brenda
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: August 24, 2015, 03:55:38 PM »

Howdy folks,

I got a laser cut kit from DPC. Took me about a day to build it. I used SIG-Ment and SIG cream dope. I reused some parts from a crashed biplane (control horn and such). I installed a new Brodak 1/2a electric kit in it. I do love the smell of a Cox .049 but pressing a button and the motor starts is so nice. Also there is no clean up. I added a steel washer on outside wing so plane will fly level but I think it is to much weight. I used camera for the maiden flight not knowing how it would fly. It was rock solid and from a distance it looked like a Eindecker. Dave at DPC makes some wonderful kits and has my very fav Comet. I asked him if he had any 1/2a C/L stuff laying round and this was the result. I'm looking forward to more kits from him. Attached is photo of first flight.

https://youtu.be/GoG8IxqDyfc
Majortomski
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 08:43:03 AM »

Very nice! Well done!
PB_guy
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

Canada Canada

Just a kid at heart.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 02:44:26 PM »

I haven't flown C/L in a long time, but I would not diminish your wingtip weight at all. The model showed no tendency to dip a wing to the outside of the circle. It looks like you are using nylon lines. Moving to braided .008 metal cable lines would clean up the drag and make it a bit more responsive. However, trainers are designed not to be too responsive, so that the user doesn't get into trouble too fast.
  looking good,
ian
Brenda
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 04:52:45 PM »

Howdy Ian,

As a trainer it really is nice. Can't do inside loops on accident. Well can't do any kind of loop even if you wanted to. I do use braided cable on other things but with the little trainers old style lines make it fun and thrilling. Not all trainers look like a box is the real selling point. This little Fokker thought many folks to fly who where just walking by. Even in Az when I was flying on the Helipad I got the rotorwing jocks flying with it or the Giro. It was lost in a flood while we where in Az so I do need to get another now that we are in Tx. So Ian if you ever get the bug to go back to C/L check out Dave over at DPC, much better than a plastic brick.

Brenda
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: