Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
July 23, 2017, 10:42:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A2Z  (Read 679 times)
flyfac
Bronze Member

Kudos: 4

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
A2Z
« on: March 22, 2016, 03:41:21 PM »

Has anyone been in contact with A2Z lately?

I ordered some replacement blades for a Jones balsa stripper on March 8th.  Charges appeared on my CC the next day, but the order remains in "processing" status.  Calls to the customer service number don't go through.

Ever so slightly concerned,

Scot Dobberfuhl
Forest Grove, OR
Bulldogger
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 07:51:24 AM »

A2Z shut down the hobby supplies business last year (or was it late 2014?).  They are selling off remaining inventory while looking for buyers for the remaining stock and brands.  Peck and some other brands were purchased last year and are migrating (migrated?) to their new home.  It would sound to me like someone from another department at the remaining businesses of A2Z is now rooting around for something that looks like what you ordered, which may not still be in inventory regardless of what the computer thinks.

I'd give it a few more days.  They are still reputable, just no longer focused on hobby supplies.  They won't screw you, but they aren't staffing the hobby side much if at all, just selling off scraps.

That's their current status as far as I know, unless I missed something.  There are some folks more familiar with A2Z on this board who might chime in.

Bulldogger
Bredehoft
Gold Member

Kudos: 41

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 07:59:37 AM »

for just a little clarity, this is my understanding (and I dealt with them b2b).

A2Z started as a machine tool company and got into the model aviation business because of the owner's hobby.  After several years, he quit the model aviation part of the business and solely focuses on the machine industry.

As he was closing down, he said he would retain certain items, namely the balsa strippers, since he manufactured them. 

Now, Scot, I cannot address why he is not filling your order or responding to calls.  I do have a couple of those blades, if you want some.

--george

Volare Products Blog: http://www.volareproducts.com/
Volare Products Store:  http://www.volareproducts.com/BUY/
Follow on Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/VolareProducts
flyfac
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 12:55:52 PM »

Bulldogger & George,

Thanks for the feedback.  I knew A2Z had sold off most of the airplane side of things, but the blades were still up on the website, so I had no qualms about ordering.  At least one side of the business is still working as charges appeared on the CC the next day.

I actually started my quest for blades with George (go check out all the lovely FF goodies on his Volare site if you haven't already) but I thought the blades weren't in stock.  Glad you might be able to help me out--I'll PM you.

Thanks!

Scot Dobberfuhl
Forest Grove, OR
flyfac
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 01:41:04 PM »

Hi All,

Heard from A2Z today with the message below.  Everything is in order:

These replacement blade will be going out today.  We are sorry for the delay.  Your order is for more of these than we had sold over the last year and were not with our general inventory.  When we moved recently from Englewood to Boulder they got stashed away in a box.  We found them though and they are headed your way.  Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
A2Z Corp.
Bulldogger
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 01:38:37 PM »

FYI everyone, A2Z have closed apparently. I just got an email about it. Was a surprise to me.
Will paste below.
Bulldogger

Hello fellow Makers and Hobby Machinist,

As many of you know by now, a name many of us had grown to love and trust is no longer there for us.  To those who are not aware, A2Z Corp is no longer in operation.  In late November of 2016 the remaining assets including inventory were sold at public auction.  As enthusiasts, myself along with a few friends purchased everything we could in an effort to preserve the product line.  Luckily we were able to get our hands on most of the remaining inventory.

We did this not really knowing what in the world we were going to do with it all.  We just knew we didn't want the line to die.  One thing we didn't think about though was we had no drawings, no CAD files, nothing except of big pile of boxes full of mixed up parts.  The first thing we did was to start sorting out and cataloging what we had.  There was a lot there.  So next we started reaching out to local manufacturing companies to see if we could have the stuff reverse engineered, still not knowing what we were going to do in the end.  With unbelievable good fortune we ran across a couple of companies that had actually been doing some work for A2Z Corp, and they had CAD files!!  They definitely didn't have it all, but it was at least an educated start.

OK so now what?

Good question.....

After countless hours of pondering everything from wholesale liquidation to starting where A2Z Corp left off as a manufacturing company, we settled on a plan.  You see, our interests expand beyond just hobby machining.  We also love the resourcefulness of the Maker Movement, the ingenuity of IoT (Internet of Things) and have a real passion for STEM education and introducing our kids to the future.  So we decided to create something new.  A user driven Marketplace.

With that I would like to introduce you to A2ZMaker.com.  A user based Marketplace where the people making things have the opportunity to sell their creations.  As it stands now we have listed all of the A2Z Corp inventory we bought at auction to get things started.  We also have a few things in the works being manufactured, starting with the QC Tool post, QC holders and the milling machine end mill holders.  So the QCTP will live on!!

But what we really want, is for the marketplace to be core of the business.  Think Amazon, but very specific, without the zillions of products to sort through.  We've created the infrastructure.  Users create the listings, including their own descriptions and pictures.  They set their own price.  We do the marketing.  The product gets sold.  The product gets shipped.  The seller gets paid.  Just like with Amazon the seller doesn't get paid until the product ships.  We get a commission.

Currently the only categories visible are the ones that have products available.  We're hoping to see robotics and drones for both adults and kids, Arduino and Raspberry Pi creations, 3D Printers and accessories.  All the categories have been created, but its up to you to fill them.  If you have and idea but need help, send us an email here, and we will do what ever we can.  For more information take a look at our marketplace resource pages here.

We know there were people who got hurt in the fall of A2Z Corp, We know some of you personally actually.  Although we have absolutely no affiliation with A2Z Corp and no obligation to do this; If you had rewards points or orders that never got filled reach out to us by email here.  There may not be anything we can do, but if we can, we will.  It's worth a try anyway.

So, here's to the future!!  We look forward to continuing on and seeing where this ends up.

Thank You

Clint
Founding Partner
A2ZMaker.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: