Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 20, 2017, 03:18:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tomboy 36 for RC, Build  (Read 2563 times)
cloudburstz
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2017, 03:16:00 AM »

Getting on with it finally. Making both formers forward frim ply and the 049 is on a quick test bed.
I visited a local control line club, really helpful, will get some fuel on Sunday and start running in the motor.
Now to find tubing small enough to fill the fuel bowl through that small hole
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Tomboy 36 for RC, Build
Kurt
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 10:48:29 AM »

Dear,
why not take a seringe to fill the little tank? I have a .40 Classic and fill the tank sucessfully with a seringe. The tiny hole is so no obstacle any more. You can use the seringe also for priming the engine through the side ports for easy starting, but only two to three drops, otherwise you flood it.
You have given me a great stimulus in building also a Tomboy with a .049 Redfin Diesel (and maybe another electric?), putting my own project pride apart, modestly recognizing this great design! There are Tomboys all around the world, but we have none in Rio and so mine shall be the first hopefully of many to come.

Greentings,
Kurt
OZPAF
Titanium Member

Kudos: 38

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2017, 08:06:15 PM »

Good to see you back on this CB. If you prime the motor via the exhaust ports ensure that the piston is covering the ports and only use a small amount. It's too easy to over prime and possibly cause a hydraulic lock.
Also only suck the fuel up to the carby and don't suck extra fuel into the motor for similar reasons.

John
cloudburstz
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2017, 07:26:59 AM »

Hi John , Kurt
Working up in Singapore but its nearly finished. I have run the motor several times now and its easy to start. Usually a small suck through carby with a finger over it is enough.
I got some mini servos delivered and hope to complete it next time home. Going to use the remaining esaki Tissue I have , just figuring out about fuel proofing. On others models I have used Eze/dope but they didny have an engine. I also have some conventional acetate type dope unused. Anyway, its looking good, want to finish it now and start something else. Cheers B
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: