Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 17, 2018, 09:47:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Irvine diesel and after run oil  (Read 7884 times)
fred
Gold Member

Kudos: 2

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2018, 07:26:53 PM »

Hopefully Morgan has cleaned up their act??
A few years back our group (Diesel combat) would regularly order Multiple Gallons of  ..custom made... 25% castor Diesel fuel.
Last shipment received.. Morgan had decided  (sneakily) to not use castor... Yup engine problems and even damages followed.
 Queried later as to "What happened".. they said castor wasn't needed and besides it was an Expensive ingredient.
Lovely folk.
ghostler
Silver Member

Kudos: 7

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2018, 10:58:32 PM »

Last shipment received.. Morgan had decided  (sneakily) to not use castor... Yup engine problems and even damages followed. Queried later as to "What happened".. they said castor wasn't needed and besides it was an Expensive ingredient. Lovely folk.

Ouch! Don't know why they substituted without letting you know there was a change, certainly not good.

I've never flown electric before. So was observing what a friend was flying. Electric set I bought was a 2212-6, 2200 kV motor, which is bundled with a 30 Amp ESC. Seems to be a very common set up and cost was less than you might say, getting the "right" size. Seems to be very universal, and the 2200 kV can turn a smaller prop in the 5" - 6" category at reasonable RPM's to mimic a .049 on 25% nitro, hence the decision.

The "right" size was easily double the cost, and for wild rudder only aerobatics, a little more umph doesn't hurt as I can throttle back. Regarding batteries, no, wasn't thinking 2200 mAH, something about half that should be about right. Dimensions of the motor exposed as is in a cowl-less aircraft would appear decent.

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Irvine diesel and after run oil

George Hostler
Clovis, NM, US
fred
Gold Member

Kudos: 2

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2018, 10:50:21 PM »

Nice model..as I remember those to be.
 This motor... https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-2730-brushless-motor-1700kv.html
 This ESC......https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-plush-10amp-9gram-speed-controller.html
 This battery..https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-1000mah-2s-25-50c-lipo-pack.html     OR get the 3s version for prop hanging perf only ~2$ more.
 Use a 7 x 6 on 3S or an 8 x4 prop on a 2S battery

The above will give Mo' power than a Cox 09 on it's Best day... ever.
G'luck
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: