Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 10, 2018, 08:56:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Katamax  (Read 794 times)
martina
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: May 16, 2016, 03:56:07 AM »

Advice needed please - I have a couple of unmade Katamax Ver 3.1 kits, before I begin to build them to the plan has the design been updated or modified to a later version and if so, what changes have been made.

Thanks, Martin.
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 48

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 04:24:31 AM »

The only thing I seem to recall is that the Pot Shot and Katamax latterly came with a couple of uni-carbon strips to glue either side of the fuselage - that was certainly the case with the Pot Shot as I built one which is still going strong in the hands of a lady flyer. Also, I think the Katamax kit was reviewed by Andy Crisp in the Model Flyer magazine.

Peter
Ployd
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 11:58:33 PM »

The Version 3.1 is still current with no design changes at the moment. I am trialling a revised nose to move the catapult hook further forward ala American practice but it has not been incorporated into the design.

The only change I would recommend would be to ignore the built in washout in either the right or left tip panel (right hand shown on the plan) and cut all dihedral joints parallel to each other.

Ployd in OZ
Pelaero Products.

"So I collect engines, what's your problem?"
martina
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 04:32:08 AM »

The Version 3.1 is still current with no design changes at the moment. I am trialling a revised nose to move the catapult hook further forward ala American practice but it has not been incorporated into the design.

The only change I would recommend would be to ignore the built in washout in either the right or left tip panel (right hand shown on the plan) and cut all dihedral joints parallel to each other.

Ployd in OZ
Pelaero Products.

Thanks for your reply, parallel dihedral joints it is then. I just need to make some time to get started - I always like to take my time whatever I'm building!

Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: