Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
June 25, 2018, 03:50:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Heron (Multiplex) assembly  (Read 5400 times)
Konrad
Platinum Member

Kudos: 35

United States United States

Topic starter
Measure twice cut once

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2018, 07:35:04 PM »

Please be aware that a micro switch is another component that can fail. Generally it is best not to use switches, but....

As things are not totally in the control of Multiplex, such as what RX is used they have to make the best educated guess as to what will work with what.

On a scope I have seen the voltage spike with the YEP ESC. You might want to ask Multiplex technical services if this is possible with the ZTW (their OEM) ESC. Or better yet take a look for yourself. Better DVO meters should catch the voltage spike.

At 5.1V the servos might be self protecting but at higher voltages the servo can develop enough power to strip its own gears.

If going to 4 cells drop down to a 10x6 or 10x5 prop to keep the load below 40 amps.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 09:22:51 PM by Konrad » Logged

Cut it twice and it's still too short!
Konrad
Platinum Member

Topic starter
Measure twice cut once

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2018, 12:27:49 PM »

I’ve been reading of connector failures with the Heron’s wing connectors. While I may have been the only guy that liked the Cularis’s auto plug in system it was great in that one didn’t need, or where prone, to pull on the leads themselves. To overcome this limitation with the Heron's system I’ve added a pull tab to the male connector. I drill a small 0.60mm hole in the back of the connector and then thread some dental floss making a hoop that can go around my small finger.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Heron (Multiplex) assembly
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 01:36:51 PM by Konrad » Logged

Andyjbj
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2018, 12:52:20 AM »

clever intervention!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Konrad
Platinum Member

Topic starter
Measure twice cut once

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2018, 11:37:54 AM »

It's a sad day here in the USA as Horizon Hobbies (Tower Hobbies) is no longer carrying Multiplex models. To the best of my knowledge the only source for Multiplex models in the USA is Hitec's Weekender Warehouse. Not sure if they have a dealer support program.
http://www.weekenderwarehouse.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: