Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 16, 2018, 05:36:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Freewing Mirage 2000C-5 , A tiger by the tail  (Read 2131 times)
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 162

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 05:58:23 PM »

That's a crying shame re the destroyed model - particularly when a bit of basic info would have helped.
John
Konrad
Platinum Member

Kudos: 35

United States United States

Topic starter
Measure twice cut once

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 06:39:56 PM »

So true!!! I'd like to add basic and technically accurate information needs to be provided!

I understand MotionRC, with her limited technical breadth, would want to ask the OEM Freewing about changes to the manual. But taking years, to incorporate what their company pilots where screaming about in the sales video, and that of other knowable customers, not just me, were complaining about. I'm dumb founded!!!

Not really, just pissed that an organization is trying to get away with this. This isn't unique to MotionRC to a large extent it is typical of many USA firms. They hope than burying their head in the sand will exonerate them from any liability. I can only hope that with Google and the internet that the truth will come out from behind the shrills and misleading ad campaigns. 

I have to admit that 3 years ago when I was looking first look at foam R/C models for a low emotional investment modeling experience I was impressed by MotionRC.  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw MotionRC actually say in bold red letters; That a brand they sold was not the best and was in fact a second tier brand. But that with a little work the products were a great value for the money. The brand was Dynam.  I was so impressed with this level of frank honesty that I actually bought  a 70mm jet that I wasn't even in the market for. With a bit of rework I got a very capable Meteor jet for half the price of the comparable Habu jet.

I have to be clear that I have not suffered at the hands of MotionRC. Not for lack of trying on MotionRC's part, but because I like most here on HIP am an experienced modeler and often know what pitfalls to look out for.

MotionRC, please do right by your customers and reverse this trend of contempt for your customer.

I don't know if MotionRC has had a change in management  or what happened behind the scenes but the customer experience has definitely fallen by the wayside in the last year or so at MotionRC. They are not on my "DO NOT PURCHASE FROM LIST" yet, but they are the last place I will patronize if I have other options.

All the best,
Konrad

Cut it twice and it's still too short!
Konrad
Platinum Member

Topic starter
Measure twice cut once

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 10:28:28 AM »

I need to acknowledge when a firm is moving in the right direction, all be it so slowly.

MotionRC has finally put in writing that the ailerons are to fast if set up per the manual.
https://www.motionrc.com/blogs/motion-rc-blog/a-quick-review-of-the-freewing-80-90mm-edf-jets

The post is in error as the aileron throw should be 25% to 35% of that throw shown in the manual. Not turned down 25% to 35% from that found in the manual. Again recall their own pilots in their sales video screaming turn down the ailerons to 40% of the throw in the manual. 65% of throw is still way too fast for a maiden flight.

This notice of over controlling of the ailerons should be posted on the Mirage 2000's sales page in red. Not hidden deep in some MotionRC blog.

It is good to see MotionRC moving in the right direction, even if it is a half hearted attempt. Angry

All the best,
Konrad

Konrad
Platinum Member

Topic starter
Measure twice cut once

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2018, 10:55:16 PM »

What a half hearted attempt from Freewing!

Notice the hard black torn curtain vs the soft blended line of the original. Same with the hard colors in the eyes. No radiating lines in the eyes, Also this tiger will starve as the eyes don't focus. Yellow is again a hard line. The orange does have the soft blend, so Freewing does have the knowledge and technique to do this should they choose to in their decals.

At least they now have admitted that the unvented  black canopy is a problem. But rather than address this at the point of manufacture they want you to buy an upgrade kit. I think these are the nice 3D printed parts from RCGeek.com

Glad to see they have gone away from that horrible 12 bladed impeller to a more sane 9 bladed unit. This is a big plus.
But V2 should have split the tail surfaces into four elements, 2 elevators and 2 ailerons. Again what a lost opportunity to truly improve the product! To say nothing about editing the information in the manual.

Yes, mine is still missing 6 stripes. Like all scale models it is a work in progress!

All the best,
Konrad
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Freewing Mirage 2000C-5 , A tiger by the tail

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: