Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 23, 2017, 01:38:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BMFA Indoor F/F Scale Nationals, Sunday 23 April 2017  (Read 3942 times)
SP250
Gold Member

Kudos: 3

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 04:51:07 PM »

Don't forget guys that the Shawbury R/C Nats event is one of two possibilities for trimming your FF models prior to the Walsall FF Nats on april 23rd.
There will be numerous slots for F/F in the main hall, between the 4 R/C rounds, as well as all day long in the netted off 5-a-side football area.
The other being Bushfields Peterborough on 9th April.

John
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Kudos: 18

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2017, 10:46:05 AM »

Gentle reminder guys: just under a week now to the closing date for entries for the Nats.

I have around 20 entries so far, but with some of the regulars conspicuous by their absence at this stage.......

Cheers
Graham
danmellor
Platinum Member

Kudos: 35

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2017, 01:56:32 PM »

Aaaargh! I thought it was another week or so! Cue frantic hunt for cheque book...

Dan.
FFmodeller
Titanium Member

Kudos: 48

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2017, 02:52:55 PM »

Sorry, looking forward to a spectate only day this year.
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2017, 02:51:28 PM »

Hi All,

We have now reached the closing date for this event. I have emailed everyone who supplied me with a functioning email address to confirm their entries as they were received. If you have entered but haven't had confirmation either i have been unable to contact you or i haven't had an entry from you: please get in touch via my email address on the bottom of the entry form so we can resolve.

51 competitors so far.....
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Kudos: 50

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2017, 04:54:51 AM »

Just a heads up, the two hours from 4.00 to 6.00 on Saturday 22nd will be for setting up tables, chairs, PA etc..
There is a national Martial Arts competition going on in the area where we fly (the other 2/3 of the hall) which is on till 6.00pm.
Only the "pit" area will be available for us officially in the 2 hour slot.
You might get some time, if they finish their competition early, but to be on the safe side I would not bank on any extended trimming time.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

John M

I'm assuming we can't hang around a bit and fly after 6:00 then?
SP250
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2017, 05:42:17 AM »

Pete

There may be a few minutes where it would be ok, but we have to pay for the hours and any overtime.

Spoken to the venue manager this morning - he thinks the MA competition will be finished about 5.30 but the staff then have to clear all the mats and tiered seating.

As I said in my earlier communication - it might be OK but don't bank on it.

There will be the 15 minute time to trim, as per the rulebook, on Sunday morning from 8.00 to 8.15.

John M

Rich Moore
Platinum Member

Kudos: 36

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 05:51:22 AM »

8.00! 'eck! Nice early start then.

It wasn't me
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2017, 05:55:21 AM »

Cheers, John.

(Rich- I don't think you'll need the full 15 minutes to trim a brand new Fokker Triplane, so I should just turn up at 8:10 if I were you.)
Rich Moore
Platinum Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2017, 06:15:45 AM »

What time will we be able to get in on Sunday? I don't think the 15 minute trimming time should include getting one's coat off.

Pete - Don't forget, I'll have my first 3 official flights to trim as well, so there shouldn't be a problem.

It wasn't me
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2017, 07:26:09 AM »

Pete - Don't forget, I'll have my first 3 official flights to trim as well, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Of course. You're laughing then.
Jack Plane
Gold Member

Kudos: 8

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2017, 04:06:59 PM »

We have now reached the closing date for this event.

51 competitors so far.....

Any heads-up on the numbers in each category?

There may be a few minutes where it would be ok, but we have to pay for the hours and any overtime.

Spoken to the venue manager this morning - he thinks the MA competition will be finished about 5.30 but the staff then have to clear all the mats and tiered seating.

I wonder whether there's any interest from the 'never-previously flown' brigade in clubbing together for say an hour's overtime and beg for some slack in terms of hall hire fees...   Roll Eyes
Rich Moore
Platinum Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2017, 04:17:42 PM »

I wonder whether there's any interest from the 'never-previously flown' brigade in clubbing together for say an hour's overtime and beg for some slack in terms of hall hire fees...

I can't make it Saturday anyway unfortunately, otherwise I'd be keen to help beg for a cheeky hour for free. Someone needs to sweet talk the person that has to lock up to take an interest in aeromodelling.

It wasn't me
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2017, 04:18:37 PM »

I wonder whether there's any interest from the 'never-previously flown' brigade in clubbing together for say an hour's overtime and beg for some slack in terms of hall hire fees...   Roll Eyes
I must admit I wondered the same, especially if the hall's just sitting doing nothing. I suppose the rub is that the staff won't want to hang around and if there's not many of us the price will be steeper than just a first born son or sister or two.
FFmodeller
Titanium Member

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2017, 06:32:02 PM »

I think it was the first year at Walsall ... we had to clear out quite quickly.
I was still in the hall and had to shout as the lights went off and doors slammed shut!
The staff did seem keen to get away, so unless it has been booked up in advance I can't see there being much chance.
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2017, 05:58:54 PM »

I've just had an email from my dad about directions to the hall. He reminded me that several of us ended up at the wrong gate last year. Am I right in thinking that the correct way in is via Magdalene Rd, rather than Gorway Rd, and that the correct postcode for satnavs is WS1 3TA (rather than the WS1 3BD given in the entry form etc.)? 

With such an early start it would be good to get this confirmed!
FFmodeller
Titanium Member

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2017, 06:33:15 PM »

Yes Pete, Magdalene Rd.
Not sure about the post code though.
SP250
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2017, 08:42:31 AM »

Magdelene road is the correct way to get to the sports hall NOT Gorway road.
WS1 3TA is the nearest postcode for sat navs.
The other one takes you to Gorway Rd entrance and you can't drive across the campus to the sports hall from there.

I am trying to gain access to the hall from 7.30 but waiting for confirmation.

Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2017, 12:01:35 PM »

Quick reminder for competitors: as part of John's email last week a couple of requests:

1. Please print off the new declaration form as per the link in the email. Do not send it to either of us by email, but complete and submit a hard copy with your static judging docs on the day. This has to be done separately for all models in all classes, for this year at least.

2. Also, we have requested you email both of us with the names of the models you are flying, and to what class they relate. Again this is for all models in all classes, and for kit scale we will need the name of the kit manufacturer. We have had responses from the majority of people, but are still missing 15 at this point. If you have sent an email, assume we have it, at it is likely we will be emailing specifically those missing again for this information after today.

Graham
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2017, 03:22:55 PM »

Boxes packed up ready to drive down tomorrow afternoon. This is where I start panicking that I've forgotten something crucial. However the usual culprits are definitely in: documentation, noseblocks, rubber, stooges, winders. Oh yes, and the models, plus a kit-I'll-never-build for the raffle.

Really looking forward to it!
Pat D
Silver Member

Kudos: 1

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2017, 03:15:01 PM »

Best of luck to all tomorrow !

Break a prop !
FFmodeller
Titanium Member

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2017, 03:47:12 PM »

I hope that you were all able to enjoy a trimming session?

Hope I can get there somewhere near the start time tomorrow!
Jack Plane
Gold Member

Kudos: 8

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2017, 04:34:35 PM »

I'm gutted to report that I've just got back from a period away and am not well enough to come up as planned.

Wishing everyone as successful and enjoyable event as possible!

Jon
Coops
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2017, 12:29:25 PM »

I went over to this meeting today as a spectator, it's only about 20 minutes drive away from home (or would have been were it not for the gargantuan diversion in place that I didn't know about...)

Some very impressive models in the air today, as a novice I particularly enjoyed the peanut/pistachio planes it's difficult to comprehend just how high they can get and stay there lazily circling around the upper reaches of the sports hall ceiling. There is something strangely soothing watching three or four of them floating around at the same time. Also that that large scale Avro Lancaster can take over under it's own power and circle around just defies belief really!

Special thanks to Andrew Darby who took the time out to show me around and help me pick out a kit, as well as answering some real noob questions. Cheers.

Coop
Andrew Darby
Platinum Member

Kudos: 40

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2017, 02:25:20 PM »

Hi Coops,

Nice to meet you....

No problem, enjoy!  Give us a shout if you need help or advice.

Maybe see you as a competitor next year!?

Cheers

Andrew

Hogwash I tell thee!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: