Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 20, 2017, 03:19:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: VMC cookup?  (Read 6540 times)
Tim Horne, RJ and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
rgroener
Platinum Member

Kudos: 23

Switzerland Switzerland

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2017, 01:36:18 AM »

Pete, I was smiling when I read your covering report Grin Dont understand me wrong, I am not spitful (not sure if this is realy the right word... Roll Eyes)
I was smiling because it sounds like one of my own covering sessions. I am very glad, that I am not allone in this respect Wink

Normally nobody sees it, since you can decide what you want to post in the forum. Most projects seems to evolve flawles and as planed. As a newbie, it can be frustrating to see all those neat and clean builds while your own project seems to jump from mishap to mishap....

I appreciate your honest post Cheesy Dont worry, you are not allone Grin

Roman
OZPAF
Titanium Member

Kudos: 38

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2017, 02:13:08 AM »

I agree with Roman. it's probably more common than you think. I'm still at the stage of trying eliminate fuse twists. Covering problems are still to be met and faced Smiley

John
DHnut
Gold Member

Kudos: 4

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2017, 04:45:11 AM »

The Jodel is still moving as shown in the attached photo. I substituted 1/32" wood for the note paper and the wheels will be bushed with Aluminium tube. I am debating whether to spray the tissue with ink to give a little body to the tissue colour. 
Ricky
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: VMC cookup?
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Kudos: 50

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Today at 08:52:29 AM »

Jodel's looking very nice, Ricky.

Thanks for the support, Roman and John. Yes, I am probably not alone in making mess-ups during the construction process but I think I might be getting to new levels of gormlessness with this one.
Having finally got the tailplane covered in brown on top and plain tissue underneath, the next step was to realise that it should in fact be blue on both sides, like the rudder. So off comes the tissue again, and on goes the 'Cambridge blue'.
So, the tailplane's topside has now been covered twice, and the bottom three times (in three different colours). Is this a record for an unfinished model?  Grin
I have no excuse as I have a colour photo of Mike Kelsey's model (of the same aircraft) on the bench beside me as a reference, plus all the photos of the original aircraft that I have gathered, and even a published colour profile- all of which show the pale blue tail clearly.

In a couple of weeks I shall be returning to work; once again, supposedly, teaching children to engage their young brains with the challenging school curriculum. God help them!
rgroener
Platinum Member

Kudos: 23

Switzerland Switzerland

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Today at 11:15:15 AM »

Ricky, nice Jodel. I also prefere thin balsa over paper parts. Not sure about the weight, but it's easier to make changes or sand it to a smooth fit.
Some colour could look nice on the white paper. Looking forward to hear about your decision.

Pete, good to hear that your Se5a is on its way. It's exciting to see what colours your Se5a will have at the end Grin
You still have summer holidays in the UK? Enjoy it!

Roman
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: