Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
January 18, 2018, 03:00:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: International Indoor Fly In 2017, 10/11/12 November, Nijmegen, Netherlands  (Read 7276 times)
F F modeller
Titanium Member

Kudos: 53

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2017, 03:45:45 PM »

That's definitely a pointer Dan ... still think there are circumstances for both though.

I've listened to Peter Smart for years mentioning a model entering it's own wake at the indoor nats, but like I say, I think both types of wobble exist ... possibly poltergeists too   Roll Eyes
F F modeller
Titanium Member

Kudos: 53

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2017, 03:55:51 PM »

.... just had a look at your wobble Dan .... Alex Whittaker's head caused that I think  Wink

I also had a look at Mike's video from the nats .... you can see the motor in the windows on the final approach and it does appear quite evenly distributed, so I would perhaps concede that it is wake in this case too.
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Kudos: 18

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2017, 05:43:10 PM »

Unlike Mike’s Fox Moth, this is fairly heavily loaded and fast. Nevertheless, it does something at 0.28 secs(ish). Only thing is, it’s the first time its rocked like this in 7-8 years and dozens of flights, so this could be a ‘door opening draught’  (although it’s in the right place to hit any descending wake).  The motor doesn’t bunch, btw. Curious.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ziNsSgVTRck
DHnut
Gold Member

Kudos: 4

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2017, 04:36:18 AM »

We have all noticed this phenomenon. My Veron Comper Swift does it almost every time. The trim is for a fast and flat climb and decent and in particular the decent sees this wobble. I use this trim because the Comper is a racing aircraft and to my eyes it does not look right floating around. With a top speed in the 160 mph region it is almost 50% faster than most light aircraft.
Ricky   
g_kandylakis
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2017, 10:24:47 AM »

Very, very, very late, for me to post in the thread so long after the event ended.

A variety of reasons led to my general reduced presence in the forum. Mainly extreme lack of time with work soaking up great amounts in the last two months of the year.

Coupled with the fact that there were so many and much better photographers and so many images and reports already posted, I didn't really have anything significant to add.

Last, the event went rather bad for me, due to my missing the trimming day (again because of work) and coming not properly prepared (as usual), plus making some very bad decisions at critical moments, with the corresponding results. Oh well, better luck next time... With new (=untrimmed) models of, course...

As for the event itself, it is beckoming something of a fixed must in my calendar. Great to see so many people, new and older friends, and so many magnificent models.

Poor judges, they do not only have to judge an ever increasing number of models, the also have to single out the best among a large number of best models...

A delayed thanks to the great team behind all this. They repeatedly threatened they will keep doing this, as long as we keep going. We threatened back we will keep going, as long as they organise it...

Last comment about the CO2 class. I think as a start it was a good turnout. The conditions were not good for CO2, that certainly did not become obvious for the top placers... Hope it goes even better in 2018.

George
rgroener
Platinum Member

Kudos: 24

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2018, 01:54:58 PM »

Hi
I have some pictures on a online drive I would like to share. The account will be open until end of February 2018.
After that, I will delete the guest account to use it for other purpose.
I put there all my pictures from the event. Most of the pics are quite grainy since the light is not ideal indoor. So dont expect too much...
Feel free to download them.

If someone wants to have a picture removed, PM me and I will delete it on the drive. Hope that's ok for everybody.

www.mydrive.ch
username: Nijmegen@rgroener
password: Rubberpower

Best regards Roman
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Kudos: 55

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2018, 03:53:30 PM »

Super photos, Roman. I've never seen so many flying shots from an indoor event!
OZPAF
Titanium Member

Kudos: 41

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2018, 06:08:03 PM »

Thanks Roman for making these available. Apart from the impressive builds I was particularly interested in seeing the different trimming methods used.

John
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: