Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
March 30, 2017, 10:38:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Looking for a plan  (Read 256 times)
Lionel Smith
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

South Africa South Africa

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2017, 12:42:03 AM »

Hello All,

I am looking for a plan of a HLG that I built years ago, I think the name of the model was "Competitor"
It was published in a model magazine, i think either Model Aviation or Flying Models.
It was around 18" span with elliptical surfaces and a fairly long fuselage, the rudder was mounted behind the stab on the end of the fuselage in a position that half the rudder was below the stab, if that make sense.
The article that accompanied the plan described how to trim the model by bending the stab trailing edge right hand side up and the left hand side down so as to make the glider do a half roll from the launch into the glide.

I would like to build another one as this is a glider I really got to grips with and I enjoyed it.
I am sure I still have the magazine in my stash of book but to go through over 400 magazines to find it will take forever and I may still miss it while looking.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
Lionel.

The only sport where "DOPE" is not only legal but often recommended!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: