Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 01, 2017, 02:07:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Perryman P-30 One-Design at the Nats!  (Read 941 times)
Duncan McBride
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 29, 2017, 09:32:59 AM »

Interesting choice to make, the little one is a cutie, the BMJR is laser cut and would go together quickly, the Sparrow Hawk has that lovely gull wing but building that all-diagonal fuselage is going to be something.   

I downloaded the plans to the Sparrow Hawk.  Didn't JFK say something when committing to the moon landing, that we don't do things because they are easy, we do them because they are hard?   See you at the Nats!
jswain
Silver Member

Kudos: 4

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 11:16:41 AM »

these are beautiful designs and if you build the p30 version it would be great to see your photos, thoughts and flight results. 

I regretted not winning an e-bay campbell's full kit of his coupe design, usually i don't give losing a bidding war a thought but really regretted letting that Perryman coupe  kit get away....

john s.
Crabby
Platinum Member

Kudos: 57

I never met a modeler I didn't like

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 01:15:17 PM »

Duncan I have been googling this and can't find a picture...I am familiar with the Speckled Bird, but not the Sparrow Hawk. I am looking for a neat P-30 to build. And have been looking at Steve Curran's Spitfire. I want something with charisma. The Sparrow Hawk sounds intriguing.

The Threadkiller!
Duncan McBride
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 07:48:05 PM »

I didn't know it either until I saw the announcement in the NFFS Digest that just came out.  There was a reduction of the plan along with the other two.  Not sure where the plans were originally published, but they are available on the NFFS store.  I bought the pdf download and printed them at a Staples this morning.  The Sparrow Hawk is to me, a more refined effort than the Baby, with the all-diagonal fuselage and the trademark gull wing.  140 square inches.  If it is built to the minimum weight it will be nice flyer indeed.  Really looks like a mini Great Speckled Bird, which is on my list too.
Duncan McBride
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 08:57:49 PM »

Getting started on the Sparrow Hawk, cutting main ribs with an aluminum template.  Will use card stock for the tip and stab ribs.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Perryman P-30 One-Design at the Nats!
dosco
Gold Member

Kudos: 5

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 08:32:46 AM »

Duncan I have been googling this and can't find a picture...I am familiar with the Speckled Bird, but not the Sparrow Hawk. I am looking for a neat P-30 to build. And have been looking at Steve Curran's Spitfire. I want something with charisma. The Sparrow Hawk sounds intriguing.

Crabby:
Look here: https://freeflight.org/product/sparrow-hawk-speckled-bird/

Cheers-
Dave
Crabby
Platinum Member

Kudos: 57

I never met a modeler I didn't like

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 12:13:38 PM »

Thanks Dave, I had found it and downloaded another P-30. I had let my NFFS membership lapse over the years and am a little behind in my connections...

The Threadkiller!
Duncan McBride
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 01:19:24 AM »

This is really an elegant design.  Thank you George.  Completing the first fuselage side. 
Duncan McBride
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 11:54:34 AM »

I had intended to take more pictures along the way, but it was just glueing in one little stick after another.  I bent the spars on the same form I used for the LE.  With the Gizmogeezer it weighs 29.75 grams so far.  Plan to cover with Esaki tissue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: