Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
March 28, 2017, 03:43:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Twin Pusher set up  (Read 199 times)
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 16

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: March 16, 2017, 01:27:10 PM »

How do you set up the proper prop rotation on a twin pusher ?? I need to know when viewed from behind the airplane.  It's a Skidoo 23.
Barrie
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 05:12:37 AM »

I would say left prop clockwise, right hand anti clock Grin
lincoln
Platinum Member

Kudos: 27

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 01:36:59 AM »

I don't think it's that critical. I seem to recall mine is, as viewed from behind, clockwise on the right and counterclockwise on the left. But I'm guessing that the other way might be almost as good, and possibly less vulnerable if one prop ends up putting out more power than the other at some point. However, I haven't had trouble with that.

My twin pusher has detachable prop bearings, so it would be easy to do the other way. If I recall it's 24 or 26 inches and packs in a slightly extended computer keyboard box.

In this picture, it seems to be the other way around, but maybe I didn't pay attention, since I was just assembling it for the picture:
Twin Pusher set up
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 16

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 05:31:38 PM »

The picture of a group of twin pushers came the other day in the Flying Aces Club National News. The picture just might be what I need to see. Time to get mine finished and flying with a little over a week to be ready for the mass launch coming up.  Thanks for your replies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: