I was luck enough to have the sage advice of a long time FF guy on the maiden and he suggested moving the wing but also pointed out my using the materials from the plan was overkill- .025" wire, .030 aluminum bearing that was too tall adding to stick flex, lack of elevator incidence. I also had other issues so I made a new motor stick and reused the tail boom at proper incidence.
Then I made a new bearing that was shorter, made of .010" aluminum instead of .032", new shaft and hook of .015, new tissue tubes for the wing mount and prop hub, smaller prop spars..you get the idea.
Oh and a Ray Harlan order including some teflon thrust washer material(definitely had a friction issue with the old brass washer on aluminum -proven by it binding up after a few runs, then a shot of oil off my Honda dipstick "fixed" it enough to continue to fly)
So now it is .3gm lighter, the motor stick no long bends with only 450 turns(it did take 750 on a full length motor without signs of imminent failure), the prop runs impressively true and 450 turns does not phase the motor stick at all.
Did I mention the balance is spot on now without moving the wing location?
So yes Ross I'm planning to be at CCBC and TOO bad you didn't make it on the 24th I had the whole fricken place to myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3hrs of nirvana
Didnt fly the A6 much as by then, it was obvious I needed to rebuild it to fix things.
I flew about 20 batteries worth, got all three planes dialed in nicely and had 3 hrs of uninterupted flying, no sharing, no worries about midairs(if you discount those curtain poles
) As to flight times, probably only 1 minute on a half motor mostly because once the motor ran out , the lack of proper elevator incidence let the nose dip, the rubber slung forward and she decended at a 45 deg angle. But issues and all she almost topped out there which I understand is 45'