Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
April 29, 2017, 09:17:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jetstream Just Completed  (Read 245 times)
ScienceGuy
Gold Member

Kudos: 10

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2017, 03:16:17 PM »

This is my first towline built from Jim O'Reilly Plans using Bob Holman short -kit. Went together well and test glides look okay.

http://scienceguyorg.blogspot.com/2017/04/jetstream-a1-towline-glider-build-report.html

Bill Kuhl
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Jetstream Just Completed
OZPAF
Titanium Member

Kudos: 37

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 07:17:44 PM »

I noticed on your blog Bill that you mentioned that you had trouble with Auto Rudder release on the Gnome. I have used the following successfully-you attach a short length of thick fishing line to the tow line just downstream of the ring. The line then then passes through a small washer at the end of the auto rudder line, and is supported either side of the washer with 2 small rings taken from small safety pins, glued into the fuse sides.
On the glider's release the line pulls free of the rings and releases the auto rudder line. you need to have a bit of slack in the release line so that it will not come off before the glider unhooks.
I don't use a spring - by using very light fishing line on the auto rudder and DT lines (about 4 lbs ) it can be stretched to give enough tension.
happy flying
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: