Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 14, 2018, 11:34:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It Finally Happened  (Read 1054 times)
wing man
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: May 05, 2017, 10:56:03 PM »

The "IT" was a sucessful launch,transition to a smooth left glide and staying in the field for all of 22 seconds. Not at all exciting to most of you but ii finally brought a smile to my facr and encouragement to keep on trying. I finally got the three essential elements together and I love my 14 1/2", 21gr Scaredee Cat. A "14 1/2",I don;t how it happened it just did and got chalked up as part of the learning curve. The launch was about a 3/4 pull with 1/8" Tan so there is still room for improvement.

A big thanks to everyone that has posted text and pictures. I haven't read or looked at them all but I'm working on it.

wing man
Tmat
Titanium Member

Kudos: 67

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 11:09:47 PM »

Great job and keep at it.
With that size glider you should not bother with 1/8" rubber and go to 1/4" (or 2 loops of 1/8") and work up to a full pull. You can pull much harder than you think you can! A minute is a good target to shoot for next.

Tmat

F1B guy...
But don't hold that against me!
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 24

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 01:14:40 PM »

Can anybody post a successful launch of a Jet Catapult Glider for Flying Aces Club Jet Catapult Scale ? I sure would like to see one if possible. So far I am just not consistent when launching mine .
danberry
Gold Member

Kudos: 17

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 01:41:43 PM »

Can anybody post a successful launch of a Jet Catapult Glider for Flying Aces Club Jet Catapult Scale ? I sure would like to see one if possible. So far I am just not consistent when launching mine .

You are not in a remotely exclusive club.
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 24

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 08:16:56 PM »

Where can I see the text and pictures you referred to. Watching these things go up is just not the best way to learn due to the excess speed they have at the time of launch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: