Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
April 25, 2018, 02:34:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: E-36 Pulsar  (Read 3541 times)
goldfinch and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Tapio Linkosalo
Platinum Member

Kudos: 28

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2018, 09:40:18 AM »

How consistent is the climb pattern? If it goes wrong, does it start ok and then veer off later? My Puzzle is quite sensitive to battery state, if the power fades then the climb pattern goes off. Large enough battery in good condition and fully peaked ensures good climb pattern.
Tapio Linkosalo
Platinum Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2018, 11:04:46 AM »

How consistent is the climb pattern? If it goes wrong, does it start ok and then veer off later? My Puzzle is quite sensitive to battery state, if the power fades then the climb pattern goes off. Large enough battery in good condition and fully peaked ensures good climb pattern.

USch
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Italy Italy

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2018, 02:53:27 PM »

Here a breakdown of weights. As usual there was a surprise and at the end at least 5-6g I could not track down.

Wing 32g
Tailplane 4,8g
Fuselage 110,2
TOTAL 147g

The fuselage can be brocken down into:
fuse structure           27,2g
Cobra 2204           23g
NanoTech 350mAh   30g
ESC YGE 12A               6g
Prop                           4,6g
Timer                   3,5g
Servo D47                   5g
Motor mount           5g
Altis height sensor      2,4g
tail balance weight   3,5g
TOTAL                  110,2g

Fred, I dont know what you mean with southpaw, but I am surely a left-paw  Grin and launch with the left hand. Never got to launch consistently with my right arm (and I dont care).

And now about inconsistent climb and generally about small stability margin. During homework for a new model I run normally the Beuer formulaes for neutral point (NP) and stability margin for the CG. This model has the CG 7,5% in front of the NP. Looks like enough to my experience for fast power models. But the model often bunts during climb and I have to stop the motor via RC, could be underelevated. If the launch goes straight up it might stop in a nose up attidude and stall heavenly, loosing half the height, so again either underelevated or to small a static margin Huh But if one looks on the graph it stalls, but without increasing the amplitude. Turn during the climb is minimal, less than 1 turn in 10 sec, so next time I definitely will try to give 'em more circling power.

Urs

Louis, yes sometimes I play with friends with fast electric boats, but submarines........never  Shocked
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: E-36 Pulsar

Fast up-Slow down
Tapio Linkosalo
Platinum Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2018, 12:22:50 AM »

Never seen a E-36 bunting... so maybe your CG is too far back. Anyway, my experience of trimming Puzzle is that the decalage is the major feature dictating the turn rate of the climb. When I have the model turn too much I move CG aft and reduce decalage, and thus the model turns less tight. So moving CG forward should cure your bunt and also increase the turning rate. Prop side thrust may need to be adjusted too, but I feel that the "loopiness" of the climb induced by decalage is the first order feature defining the turn rate.

duration
Gold Member

Kudos: 6

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2018, 04:50:10 AM »

Urs,

Thanks for the weight break-down. A total of 64 grams for the structure is very good. I doubt there is much fat left to work off, other than the 3.5g tail balance weight. An adjustable pylon might eliminate the need for weight at the tail, but the added weight of an adjustable pylon would probably be considerably more. 

The photo of the speed boat brought back memories of a plastic racing boat I had as a kid back in the late 1950s. But mine was powered by a small and weak electric motor---not very exciting. It did develop a leak, turning into a submarine---that was a bit more exciting.

Louis

USch
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Italy Italy

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2018, 11:40:48 AM »

Went flying..... Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes

Got up at 5.00AM to be at 7 on the field, pheeeeew.......
To follow Tapio's advice I drilled away 0,5g of tail-ballast to move the CG forward. But the real boomer was a flap to induce more left roll during climb. Still not really consistent as I like it, but sure on the way to it. The second shot of the flap is more to show you our nice flying field rather than the appendice. Third one is the result of the best flight at about 8.00 AM, no numbers to not shock anybody  Wink

Urs
Attached files Thumbnail(s):

Fast up-Slow down
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: