Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 18, 2018, 12:33:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BMFA INDOOR FREE FLIGHT SCALE NATIONALS 2018  (Read 9576 times)
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Kudos: 21

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2017, 01:38:01 AM »

Hi All,

Very early advance notice  for your diaries.

The FF Scale Nats will take place at the same Walsall venue as it has for the last couple of years on Sunday 15 April 2018. We have also booked set up and trimming time (dedicated to us and not restricted by the ending/ overrun of the previous event as it was this year) on the Saturday.

Much more information to follow....

Graham
BernardB
Silver Member

Kudos: 4

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 03:49:50 AM »

Quick question

Do you allow proxy models?

Regards,

Bernard
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 50

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 03:58:08 AM »

No, Bernard
BernardB
Silver Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 04:00:13 AM »

Ok thank you.

Spares me the time getting my pistachio ready..

Regards,

Bernard
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 08:44:43 AM »

Dear All,

As per the above heads-up, the 2018 BMFA F/F Indoor Scale Nationals will take place at the University of Wolverhampton Walsall Sports Centre on Sunday 15 April 2018. Online entry forms are now available on the BMFA website.

https://bmfa.org/DesktopModules/Bring2mind/DMX/Download.aspx?Command=Core_Download&EntryId=2448&language=en-GB&PortalId=0&TabId=1555

Please complete and print off a hard copy and send it to me ASAP with your cheque for the appropriate entry fee, or clearly mark the entry form that you have contacted the BMFA offices directly to pay your entry fees, and send or email your entry form to me. My contact and venue details are on the entry form. Please note that in accordance with BMFA policy an entry form for this event will not be published in BMFA News.

Please be aware that pre- entry is mandatory in order for us to effectively schedule the event, and payment on the day of the event will not be accepted, the only exception being international competitors, who will still need to pre-enter, but can pay on the day. Spectators can obviously pay on the day.

Closing date for entries is 3 April 2018

As in previous years, there will be a set-up/ trimming opportunity on Saturday 14 April, this time from 3pm to 6pm.

We will not be running a glider competition this year, as the STC feel that development of this class has gone as far as it can practically go. Instead, we will be reinstating the Mass Launch. Also, if entry levels for Kit Scale are less than 30, we will look to run 4 rounds of this class. If there are more than 30 Kit Scale entries we will continue with 3 rounds. This change has been incorporated into the 2018 rules.

Please note an important rule change agreed by the STC for Kit Scale only , introduced in the 2018 rule book (which is now available on the BMFA Scale Tech Committee website) , and first noted in Andy Sephton’s June/July STC newsletter last year, which is available in the Downloads section of the BMFA website.

Commencing with those models placed first, second and third (i.e. podium) in Kit Scale at the 2017 Indoor FF Scale Nats, these models (NOT the modeller) will be indefinitely banned with immediate effect from further entry into this class at the Indoor Nationals only.

Models placing in the top three in Kit Scale at the Indoor Nats prior to 2017 are still eligible to compete until/unless they place in the top three in the 2018 or subsequent Nats. If this happens, logically they will then be subject to the same ongoing ban rules as all other models competing in this class from 2017 onward.

This ban will therefore function on a cumulative basis with three models in total banned this year (2017 top three), six next year (first three places in 2017 and 2018), nine the following year (2017,18,19  top three placings), and so on.  This will be clarified ultimately in later rule book editions, but for this year at least, there is the potential for three models only to be affected.

Additionally, K-factors for Kit Scale scoring have been revised to better reflect the balance between static and flying scores, and the specific elements of flight judging. Again, this is all contained in the 2018 rule book.

Regards
Graham
BernardB
Silver Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 03:41:35 PM »

Interesting new rules.

Need to see what we can use for the IIFI. Can you email me a bit more information about the kit scale placing?

Regards,

Bernard
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 05:03:15 PM »

Will do Bernard: i’ll email you.

Regards

Graham
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 02:32:29 AM »

Hi All,

First reminder: the closing date for entries for this event is 3 April 2018

I’m only too aware of the mad rush to complete and trim models for the Nats, but given the likely numbers of entrants can i ask that you send me your entry form as soon as you are able. The deadline for entries is just that: we will need the intervening period between then and the event itself to identify and fix class entry numbers and names, which will dictate scheduling. We also need to prepare packs for each entrant with score sheets, etc.

This is especially important this year as if the IT behaves, we will be using a new digital flying order piece of software, projected in two locations in the hall, together with real time scoring being available to each flyer to see more or less immediately after their flight,  rather than waiting until the numbers are crunched later in the day. So we will need time to input the flyer data into the PC that will be running it.

Don’t forget the trimming opportunities at the RC Indoor Scale Nats at Shawbury on 4/3/18, and the trimming day at Bushfield Sports Centre in Peterborough on 10/3/18.

Many thanks
Graham
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 04:16:43 AM »

All,

A further nudge: the closing date for me to receive your entries for this is 3 weeks today. I have 6 entries so far....

Graham
danmellor
Titanium Member

Kudos: 53

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 04:29:06 AM »

I'll get mine in the post this week, Graham! Do I need to print off the declaration form, or will it be in the Competitor's pack to fill in on the day...?

Cheers,

Dan.
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 50

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 04:56:34 AM »

Hi Dan, I think the best approach in general is to download the form ( http://scalebmfa.co.uk/Forms/BMFA%20FREE%20FLIGHT%20SCALE%20DECLARATION.pdf ) which means you can type in anything you need to, edit the big spaces, and stick it (literally) in with your documentation.
danmellor
Titanium Member

Kudos: 53

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 05:07:47 AM »

Thanks Bill! I don't think I've used my printer since this time last year and it printed the yellow Andreasson as mostly pink, so this should be interesting... At least it's only black!

Cheers,

Dan.
Andrew Darby
Titanium Member

Kudos: 64

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 05:19:48 AM »

Will get mine in soon.

Not sure about Jimbo,  May enter him and see if we can get something built in the next few weeks...

Andrew

Klunk
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 06:57:50 PM »

Jumping the gun slightly but the closing date for me to receive entries (not for them to be posted) is 2 weeks tomorrow, and there are the Easter bank holidays between now and then. 20 entrants so far and several significant gaps amongst the usual suspects. If you are intending to enter John and i would be grateful if you didn’t leave it until the last minute.

Don’t forget to include your model subject information ( including kit manufacturer for kit scale) with your entry, either on the reverse of the entry form if sending a hard copy, or in the email if you’re taking the electronic route.

Nag over (for the moment, anyway)....

Many thanks

Graham
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 05:33:32 PM »

Bit of an update/ sounding like a broken record time:

7 postal days for me to receive entries for this event up to and including the closing date, and entry numbers currently stand at about 60% of last years (admittedly high) level. If you intend to enter, please send your entry to me asap, or if you entered last year but have decided not to this year, if you could let me know by email, i’d be grateful.

I’m acknowledging all entries by email, so if you’ve sent an entry and haven’t heard from me, i haven’t got it (yet).

Many thanks
Graham

Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 04:29:19 PM »

Hi All,

Final reminder: entries for the Nats close next Tuesday 3 April. I need to have received your entry by that date.

Many thanks to the 36 people who’ve sent me their entry form so far!

Cheers
Graham
Jack Plane
Platinum Member

Kudos: 28

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 06:14:21 AM »

Graham

Can you remind me please:  what window of time will we have for trimming on Saturday afternoon?

Cheers

Jon

PS  I can re-submit my application if it helps numbers...  Grin
Rich Moore
Platinum Member

Kudos: 37

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 06:22:44 AM »

Am I allowed to sleep in the car overnight?

It wasn't me
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 07:00:48 AM »

Jon,

Hall is booked from 3pm to 6pm for us to set up and trim: this year the hall is actually booked, so we will not have the problem of waiting for any prior occupants to vacate before we can get started. So, the more people we have on site at 3, the faster we can set up, and the more trimming time everyone can have.

Rich,

Not sure if you’re joking!?

Cheers
Graham
Rich Moore
Platinum Member

Kudos: 37

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 07:39:31 AM »

Ha ha! I've done it before at Nottingham (twice), but I'm getting a bit old of that sort of thing. Drove up on Sunday last year but had a rubbish journey and missed first trimming session. I have now booked a room. I will be arriving with two untrimmed models, so a few flights on the Saturday will be very useful!

It wasn't me
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2018, 06:47:36 PM »

Hi All,

Closing date reached: 40 entries.

Many thanks everyone: see you the weekend after next.

Graham
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 94

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2018, 03:52:18 AM »

Presumably 40 entries means 40 people, some of whom have entered more than one class? Even so, that sounds fewer than usual. I wonder how it compares to recent years. At any rate, it should make for a slightly more enjoyable day for the poor judges.
Big thanks for all your continued organisation, Graham and John.
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2018, 04:01:41 AM »

Pete,

40 entries does indeed mean 40 people, translating to 74 individual class entries. This is down from the record 51 people and 101 class entries last year.

Still 31 kit scalers though, so 4 rounds.

Graham
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 94

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2018, 04:14:14 AM »

So more than 75% of us are in Kit Scale then. Hope the KS judges remember to bring their eyelid matchsticks...
DWCollins
Bronze Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2018, 08:19:34 AM »

Post lots of pictures for all of us on the other side of the pond !
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: