Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
June 25, 2018, 03:43:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BMFA INDOOR FREE FLIGHT SCALE NATIONALS 2018  (Read 6823 times)
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Kudos: 18

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »

Nigel (and everyone)

Nats 2019: weekend of 27-28 April
SP250
Gold Member

Kudos: 4

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2018, 07:14:30 PM »

Nigel

What Graham has posted above is what has been booked - however I have yet to receive confirmation of those dates by the manager of the facility.

Regards John
SP250
Gold Member

Kudos: 4

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2018, 12:26:11 PM »

Hi All

The dates are now confirmed by the Walsall facility manager for next years indoor FF scale nats - trimming and set up 27th and competitions 28th April 2019.

Regards John M
danmellor
Titanium Member

Kudos: 50

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2018, 02:36:19 PM »

Alex W has the report in the new RCM&E. Bittersweet to see that my Cub made the Heading Pic, just as it's about to career into the barrier...!

Cheers,

Dan.
F F modeller
Titanium Member

Kudos: 57

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2018, 04:02:55 PM »

I forget to look at the RCM&E for the odd bit of FF sometimes .... thanks for the heads up, Dan  Smiley

Thanks (belated!) for the dates too, John .... competing or not, I look forward to it the same.
Yak 52
Titanium Member

Kudos: 55

Free Flight Vagrant

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2018, 10:32:18 AM »

Mike's report is up:
http://www.ffscale.co.uk/page3al.htm
Jack Plane
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2018, 11:45:55 AM »

Thanks Jon for that heads-up... and to Mike for yet another excellent report!

A propos the current discussions about KS and Open classes, interesting to read what Mike wrote in his report:

As noted above, Kit Scale has proved to be very successful, but not in the way it was originally envisaged, which was to act as a feeder class to encourage more people to enter the Open classes. Any feedback on this would be very welcome, so please drop me an email with your ideas and comments. I have a vested interest in this, as I am helping John Minchell organise the Indoor Nats next year, and will be in a position to contribute to the discussions at the BMFA tech. committee meetings, as well as talking with the other organisers. If you enter Kit Scale now but have never entered an open class, please tell us why not. What’s putting you off? Is it the documentation requirements? The extra detailing you feel you need to add? What could we as organisers do to encourage you to take part? I personally l feel the gulf between kit scale and open scale is not as big as you may think. A light, well trimmed model with a simple colour scheme could easily get you near the top of the rankings. This year you couldn’t have finished lower than fifth if you’d got a 15 second flight in! I would be very happy to give advice about documentation requirements for the open classes and finishing etc. – just drop me an email and I’ll do what I can to help and encourage you!

Smiley
ffscale
Silver Member

Kudos: 23

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2018, 01:36:12 PM »

Sorry it took so long to get the Indoor Nats report out - I seem to have even less time for website updates since I retired!  Plus I'm trying to get a new model finished for the FAC Nats in July.

John Minchell has been keeping me in the loop with comments he's received on the kit scale /open classes debate, and I've been following the discussion here on Andy Sephton's proposed rule changes, but, as I mentioned on the website, I'd be very happy to receive further comments. 

Mike S
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 79

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2018, 06:43:03 PM »

Great report and pics as always, Mike. Many thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: