Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 20, 2018, 05:17:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BMFA R/C INDOOR SCALE NATIONALS 2018  (Read 1086 times)
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Kudos: 18

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2017, 01:48:04 AM »

Hi All,

Advance notice for your diaries again:

The R/C Indoor Scale Nats will take place next year at RAF Shawbury on Sunday 4 March 2018.

More information to follow

Graham
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 08:07:27 AM »

Dear All,

As per the above heads-up, the 2018 BMFA R/C Indoor Scale Nationals will take place at RAF Shawbury on Sunday 4 March 2018. Online entry forms are now available on the BMFA website:

https://bmfa.org/DesktopModules/Bring2mind/DMX/Download.aspx?Command=Core_Download&EntryId=2447&language=en-GB&PortalId=0&TabId=1555

Please complete and print off a hard copy and send it to me ASAP with your cheque for the appropriate entry fee , or clearly mark the entry form that you have contacted the BMFA offices directly to pay your entry fees, and either send or email your entry form to me. My contact and venue details are on the entry form. Please note that in accordance with BMFA policy an entry form for this event will not be published in BMFA News.

Pre-entry is mandatory in order for us to effectively schedule the event, and payment on the day of the event will not be accepted, the only exception being international competitors, who will still need to pre-enter, but can pay on the day. Spectators will obviously pay on the day.

Closing date for entries is 23 February 2018

Please note an important rule change for this year:

The maximum model AUW has been raised to 300g. However: the wing loading upper limit remains unchanged at 15g/dm2, so you can enter a heavier model, but you will need more wing area to maintain the loading at the required levels. This change was noted in Andy Sephton’s June/July STC newsletter last year, which is available in the downloads section of the BMFA website, and is included in the 2018 rule book, which is also available on the BMFA Scale Tech Committee website.

Regards
Graham
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 77

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 09:27:08 AM »

Re the recent scale rule changes- according to Andy Sephton (writing in the new BFMA News), the wing loading calculation should include the tailplane area as well as the wing area. Is that right? It seems a bit odd to me.
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 06:05:57 PM »

In the process of getting some feedback on this one Pete.
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 12:21:45 PM »

Hi Pete (and everyone else affected).

I've consulted with John M on this and the STC have indeed decided that as per the 2018 rules the wing loading calculation for indoor scale, whilst still being a maximum permissible 15g/dm2, will utilise the entire horizontal flying surface area of a model. This means the wings, tailplane, canard, and also the areas these surfaces cover when bridging structures such as the fuselage and nacelles in a multi for example, when calculating the overall loading.

Graham
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 77

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 01:21:09 PM »

Thanks for clarifying, Graham. That's exactly what Mr Sephton says in the BMFA News, so I probably shouldn't have queried it. It's just that it's not the definition of wing loading I was familiar with.
Hopefully it's all academic anyway (for me at least) as I'm hoping not to get anywhere near the limit, however it's calculated!
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 02:36:09 AM »

Gentle reminder: I’ve had the grand total of 3 people’s entries for this event so far.........closing date is 23 Feb for receipt of entry forms.
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 02:17:52 AM »

Hi All,

Final reminder: entries for this event close tomorrow (23/2/18)

Many thanks to those who have entered so far: i am confirming receipt by email, so if you’ve entered but haven’t heard anything, i haven’t got your entry (yet).

Graham
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 02:17:00 PM »

To all competitors, fun flyers and potential spectators:

There is the POTENTIAL for this event to be cancelled due to the current severe weather. John has contact details for everyone who has provided an entry form to me. If you’ve entered but have not received an acknowledgement email from me, i do not have your entry.

So, if you are intending to come along to this event in any capacity, please keep an eye on your emails and the BMFA website for updates. The deadline for cancellation is Friday 2nd March.

Just to be clear: at this point in time the event is still going ahead and is not cancelled.

Graham
SP250
Gold Member

Kudos: 4

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 09:35:28 AM »

This event is now cancelled due to snow warnings over much of the UK.
Half the judges being already snowed in and it would be too dangerous to ask people to travel and risk being stuck in their cars overnight.
There is more snow forecast for Shropshire in the next 48hours.

John Minchell
on behalf of BMFA Scale Tech Committee
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 10:19:48 AM »

Hi All,

Further to this cancellation, we have contacted all participants but we are unable to get an email to Simon Rogers as his email address comes up as invalid. It was working a week or so ago as i responded to a question from him. We have no phone number either.

Clearly we don’t want him to make a dangerous journey to a cancelled event: can anyone get in touch with him to ensure he is aware of the cancellation?

Cheers
Graham

EDIT: now sorted: Simon’s email doesn’t like broadcast emails.............!
Nigel Monk
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 12:33:02 PM »

That sounds like Simon lol

Shame but sensible. Thanks to all who put the effort in to arranging the event anyway.
N
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: