Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
June 19, 2018, 11:39:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TY Model Black Flyer V2  (Read 158 times)
RalphS
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2017, 12:27:06 PM »

Although I have flown R/C for more years than I like to remember I have never flown indoor R/C.  Before committing the Hawker Fury to indoor flight I thought that I should try something simple for my first attempt.

I prefer a bit of building input so rather than buying a ready made lightweight indoor model I spotted The TY Model Black Flyer V2.  It comes from a large global seller (BangGood) and costs just over £15 in UK money.  The kit consists of strips of CF rod in different diameters, some injection moulded parts, some laser cut (I think) parts, pre-bent wire, wheels, screws, covering material, motor/gearbox/propeller all packed in a black plastic bag.  Pictorial instructions can be downloaded and it goes together quite nicely, locking joints with CA.  Making it took place on and off over 3 days.  I used my own silver mylar covering (crushed), it being half the thickness and weight of the stiffer clear covering material supplied.  The only problem encountered was starting the tiniest self tapping screws that I have come across.  The span is 12" and flying weight quoted as 18 - 20g.  I haven't weighed mine.  The mounting plate for the motor is pre-drilled for down and side-thrust and is perfect.  I fitted a Parkzone 3 channel Rx/ESC/servos "brick" for controls and used a single cell lipo.

Yesterday was overcast but windless and quite mild so I took it to our R/C field, started the motor and it flew very nicely at half power straight off with no adjustments needed.  It turns very tightly and loops with only a slight increase in power.  It looks to be a nice little calm conditions/indoor flier.  Highly recommended.

Thinking about it - with that silver mylar covering it wouldn't look out of place on a Christmas tree.

Merry Christmas all and happy new year.

Ralph
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
TY Model Black Flyer V2
TY Model Black Flyer V2
TY Model Black Flyer V2
TY Model Black Flyer V2
RalphS
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter