Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 24, 2017, 12:45:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bi Plane slow flyer  (Read 580 times)
planesjimmycam
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: August 15, 2017, 07:35:41 PM »

Hi Everyone,
 I havent posted anything in quite sometime, but this model has proven to be a really nice flyer. It uses the dimensions of Bill Hannans "Boxy Bipe" , and then I made a twin pusher old time style frame , to make a pleasing fun model. I also made an under camber airfoil, and scalloped trailing edges from foam. The model weighs in at just over 7 oz, so it flies nice and slow. The video is a bit of sloppy flying , trying to film and fly at the same time is not so easy.  It is electric powered and rudder elevator control. It turms on a dime, and takes off and lands very nicely.
 Jim
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3JqlPNCahI
OZPAF
Titanium Member

Kudos: 38

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 08:01:08 PM »

Looks fun - perfect for light conditions.

John
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Kudos: 53

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 04:06:02 AM »

I like it; very interesting and nice to watch too. Thanks!

(Can you tell us the span? I just looked up the Hannan Boxy Bipe dimensions and it says 10". Is it 7g rather than 7oz? Or is yours a much larger model? I find it surprisingly hard to tell from the vid, but it doesn't look as tiny as 10".)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:56:24 AM by Pete Fardell » Logged
planesjimmycam
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 11:08:09 AM »

Hi Pete-
 The model spans 30"- I forgot to mention that . The foam is dollar store foam board, with the paper peeled off. 7 oz is the correct weight, but with all that wing area, it just floats along. The motor and 8" prop I have on it is a bit under powered, but I just want it to do lazy circles. The power setting for most of the video is about 30-40%.
 I want to take better pics to show the model up close, the video is porr quality .
 Jim
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Kudos: 53

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 01:17:52 PM »

Thanks for the extra info, Jim. It's nice to see a model of such configuration flying floatily like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: