Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 19, 2017, 05:22:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What is the best way to get started in CLG's?  (Read 1379 times)
Johnny Formica
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2017, 04:27:39 PM »

Thanks Skymon- I try to learn from others as well as from building being new to this hobby. Alas my sweepette in the previous post is lost but I made another just yesterday. I'm sticking to this model for now and hopefully can learn to trim it better than the last.

Thanks
John
miloman
Silver Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 10:18:29 AM »

The Scout is good and "relatively" easy to build depending on your experience. Stan is the man to go to...Milo/Allan
modler
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

FAC member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 02:54:38 PM »

Darin, John Diebolt of FAC squadron # 13 is in Cary, N.C. According to the FAC squadron list his E-mail is jdiebolt@mindspring.com. The FAC flies jet scale cat gliders, so John might know someone that can help you. The latest issue of the NFFS newsletter has a Canberra plan for jet cat.

Bill G.

Old model building joke: "Build two identical sides!!!"
ILM Tarheel
Silver Member

Kudos: 8

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2017, 09:21:27 PM »

Darin, The Carolina Area Free Flight Association (CAFFA) and The Kudzu Squadron #13 of the Flying Aces Club is one of only two free flight clubs in North and South Carolina. There are a number of catapult glider flyers in the club and all of us would be happy to help you. We fly once per month on a large turf farm near Radford,  N. C. Our next flying opportunity happens to be a two day contest on October 14-15. Don't worry about the "contest" part, we enjoy meeting new people and would like to have you visit. We have two glider event on Saturday (the 14th) which are FAC Scale Jets and AMA Catapult Glider. John Diebolt (see reply #27 above) is the contest director. It would be well worth your drive down to Raeford to see how it is done.

The flyer for the contest is on the Event Announcements section of this forum http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=22208.0. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge the picture and then click on the little square box in the upper right corner to enlarge it to full size for easy reading. Club contact info and GPS directions to the flying field are on the flyer.

We hope you get a chance to come.

Jimmy J  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: