Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 20, 2017, 10:56:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bede 4  (Read 691 times)
jose12
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

Argentina Argentina

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: September 20, 2017, 07:45:27 PM »

Hello friends, I am building a BEDE 4 from a design by Bill Hannan. and would like to receive comments and suggestions. I hope it turns out to be a good flyer.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Bede 4
Bede 4
Bede 4
Bede 4
modler
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

United States United States

FAC member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 08:24:08 PM »

Hola Jose, welcome, Bill Hannan design and good flyer are pretty much synonymous.   Wink

Bill G.

Old model building joke: "Build two identical sides!!!"
modler
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

FAC member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 08:30:20 PM »

It looks like the prop will need to turn clockwise, did you set it up like that on purpose? Is that to change the torque roll?

Old model building joke: "Build two identical sides!!!"
jose12
Copper Member

Argentina Argentina

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 06:01:12 PM »

Not the propeller will turn normal the picture makes it look weird. I tell you that I participated in the forum for years with Jose's wig but I lost the password and I signed up as José 1. If I recover the old Jose I will return to him
jose12
Copper Member

Argentina Argentina

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 08:09:05 PM »

I ask you about the most advisable measure -1/16 or 3 / 32- for the rubber of my models peanuts, also comments on the length of the skein would appreciate all this data. Regards
flydean1
Gold Member

Kudos: 5

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 08:43:42 PM »

One loop of 3/32 should fly your Peanut.  Length about 2X distance from prop hook to rear peg.
jose12
Copper Member

Argentina Argentina

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 06:26:59 PM »

3/32 would be the best option but what would happen if 1/16 would be used as would the duration time. I have no knowledge about rubber better and I would like to know since here in Argentina there are no articles that explain on the subject. Thanks Jose
flydean1
Gold Member

Kudos: 5

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 08:50:31 PM »

1/16 would be unable to properly fly the airplane unless the weight less rubber were around 6 - 8 grams. 

1/16 would need to be doubled, two loops.  It then would be excessively powerful and make the model difficult to trim for flight.

Stay with 3/32 for now.  It will be plenty of power but not too much.
jose12
Copper Member

Argentina Argentina

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 05:27:20 PM »

Thanks for your comments, I will do what you advise me. I tell you that now I have stopped the construction of Bede 4 because I have to wait for an order to arrive to Peck Polimers of Esaki and rubber. In Argentina you do not get any of that and the customs hopefully let you pass the order; a recent fact to Volare was returned. Soon I will compare George de Volare again and hope to be lucky. Those are the difficulties of those who make peanuts in these places. You will see that Bede 4 is on a "wing" of a Piper 1/4 scale that I am setting, I already have the fuselage and the group of tail finishing, when I fly I tell them, it is not mine to do for a Friend: Pablo Lowisky . Greetings José
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Bede 4
Re: Bede 4
FFScott
Silver Member

Kudos: 1

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 01:21:21 PM »

That is an absolutely beautiful pitch gauge pictured in your first posting!  Can you tell us more about it?

Thanks,
Scott
jose12
Copper Member

Argentina Argentina

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 07:29:42 PM »

Hello Scott, I am a few days off on vacation more than 1500 km from my house when I return I will publish photographs of my gauge and a map of it. Thank you for your comment José
faif2d
Platinum Member

Kudos: 26

Sun came up I was here to see it = good day

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 10:10:37 PM »

Jose, as a very rough rule the thicker the rubber the stronger it will be.  On the other hand the longer the loop of rubber is the weaker it will be.  These rules can make matching length to thickness.  In one of the other answers 3/32 rubber 2X the distance between the prop and the hook was suggested.  You came back with can I use 1/16th rubber the answer was not to try it.  I would suggest that 1/16 can be used by shortening the loop, how much will have to be experimented with to find out but I would try something like 1 and 1/4 the distance between prop and hook.  There are limits to both of these extremes but that is what makes playing with this stuff so much fun!
          You might want to go to this listing
http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=2388.1925
           It is a long series of posts from a place called JV-44 and is in Fray Bentos, Uruguay.  Marcelo who is the leader is very smart and has been doing this for a long time and may be a help to you.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:28:35 PM by faif2d » Logged

I used to like painting with dope but now I can't remember why!    Steve Fauble
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: