Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 16, 2017, 11:59:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SAM Rubber Model Approved List Years Confusion  (Read 143 times)
johnffav8r
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2017, 03:48:23 PM »

I was on the SAM website looking at the approved rubber model index and am now quite confused. Many rubber models listed were designed and published in the mid 1950's, well after the SAM general rules allowing only pre 1951 models as eligible for SAM contests. For example; I built a 1954 Bob Hatschek Wakefield published in the 1955-56 Zaic Yearbook. This model is listed in the Approved list index. It was not designed or flown prior to 1951, since it was a long fuselage Wakefield without a minimum cross section. There are many others listed which clearly were not designed to the pre-1951 rules as well. The glider listings Huh also have many post 1951 designed models also.

Am I missing something here or is this another rules contradiction within SAM?  I contacted the SAM FF Rules Chairman who was unaware of this issue. I have left a message with the SAM Design Rule Chairman and haven't heard anything. Can anyone out there involved with SAM competition and rules shed some light on this?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: