Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 18, 2017, 05:10:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New venture  (Read 432 times)
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Kudos: 22

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: October 30, 2017, 06:41:38 PM »

I would like to try Bostonian and the Bandido takes my eye - does this perform OK please and so far I cannot find a source for the plan. Alternatively the Bostabria or the Boston Speedster appeal. Some guidance would be much appreciated please.  I have built small models so anticipate the trials and tribulations with small structures.  The rules seem practical.

Many thanks.
lincoln
Platinum Member

Kudos: 28

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 05:21:32 AM »

I think you mean the Revere Speedster, rather than the Boston Speedster. You can find the Revere Speedster in the Hip Pocket plans area. oops, I take that back. The Boston Speedster is on Hip Pocket too. The Bostabria is on outerzone.co.uk.  The Old Howard appeals to me. Also the Boston Coupe, which looks a whole lot like a Monocoupe. Thread, but no link, here:
http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=15282.0
If the post is correct, AMA members can download the pertinent page from the AMA web site Model Aviation archive.

I've seen an embryo named Bandido.
http://www.stickandtissue.com/yabbfiles/Attachments/bandido_embryo.pdf

Our club had a one design even with the Back Bay Bellanca, which seemed to fly pretty well.

Most of these models seem to have very reasonable proportions and ought to fly like a high wing peanut, dime scale, or walnut, only better. They should be reasonable easy to trim.
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Kudos: 22

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 08:20:42 AM »

Thank you - I have in fact now built the ‘Bria - 26gms ready to fly.  I cannot avoid indulging in a bit of decoration etc..  you see. Have had a couple of flights and it did not want to go upwards but almost certainly that is due to the set of the TP - or truthfully my duff building.  But have packed up the TE and we shall see. 

I then intend to set about the Speedster.  The plan, by David Collins, shows a far less butch construction than that of the ‘Bria so I hope I can keep the weight down.

Many thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: