Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
July 21, 2018, 09:54:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Try-1 By Model Rectifier Corp  (Read 392 times)
imbok
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2017, 09:24:03 PM »

Here is a kit that I picked up on E-bay a couple of months ago.  It's a trip down memory lane for me because I built one just like it in 1986/87.  It was a terrific flier and a super easy build.  I'll post progress and highlight the features here as I progress in the build.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Try-1 By Model Rectifier Corp
Try-1 By Model Rectifier Corp
imbok
Copper Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 08:34:00 AM »

Here are larger versions of the photos I posted last night.  This model is unusual for a number of reasons, including that MRC is now defunct and produced very few balsa kits.  I believe they were purchased by the Japanese company Tamiya (known for their excellent plastic scale models).  The parts are die cut and the quality of the materials (including the tissue) is excellent.  The coolest feature of the model (which I'll show in detail) is that it has a gear reduction mechanism that improves the efficiency of the rubber motor considerably.  I'll get into that in later posts. 

Overall, the kit is very 'Japanese', there are tons of details, the instructions and illustrations are excellent, and the quality is first rate.

So now, I will begin building!
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Try-1 By Model Rectifier Corp
Re: Try-1 By Model Rectifier Corp
dshell
Nickel Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 09:30:38 PM »

Thanks for posting these photos. This is quite interesting to me: any chance you could post a little more information on the gearbox? I think that I saw something similar on Ebay about a year ago, but didn't pull the trigger: I was torn between curiosity and caution (the listing was unclear too, which didn't help).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: