Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
April 25, 2018, 02:40:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Farman Carte Postale  (Read 9223 times)
danmellor
Titanium Member

Kudos: 45

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2018, 08:39:23 PM »

The simple answer to spraying the wing would be Tamiya's own range of spray cans. Sadly, all the places I've looked at so far don't seem to do the Matt Aluminium. Bugger...

Dan.
TheLurker
Silver Member

Kudos: 10

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: March 09, 2018, 01:00:30 AM »

Have you got a Hobbycraft near you?  Not somewhere I'd recommend wholeheartedly, but for "I need it now!" situations worth a visit if you can bear having to pay through the nose.  Most of them carry Tamiya, Revell and to a lesser extent Humbrol/Airfix (Hornby) kits and paints.   Some of them even carry a small stock of, shockingly over-priced, balsa. 
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 43

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: March 09, 2018, 04:18:13 AM »

The airless sprayers? . Designed to throw large quantities in big blobs 
I don't need an airless sprayer to do that
DHnut
Gold Member

Kudos: 9

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: March 09, 2018, 05:08:39 AM »

Dan,
       I had similar issues until I manged to get a tank from a frig or possibly a moisture trap will have enough volume I have both. The moisture trap and regulator is used on  the airbrush and tank is part of the spray gun set up used for larger areas.  The volume of these receivers smooths out the pulsations and traps the moisture in humid weather that is a feature of our summers being maritime climate. I was very pleased with the imptrovement in the finish after installing them. 
Ricky
RalphS
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: March 09, 2018, 05:13:01 AM »

The simple answer to spraying the wing would be Tamiya's own range of spray cans.

Have you tried ?     https://www.emodels.co.uk    They have a variety of silver/aluminium Tamiya spray can paints.  I always use emodels as first choice supplier.  Usually order 1 day and get it the next day.

Keep at it.

danmellor
Titanium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: March 09, 2018, 05:13:07 PM »

As far as I can tell, Tamiya don't actually do a spray version of the matt aluminium. Arse...

Dan.
danmellor
Titanium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: March 09, 2018, 06:11:26 PM »

Looks like silver Litespan it is! Never used the silver before, but I've covered a couple of Clancy Lazy and Speedy Bees with other colours. I'll have to try a sample to see if it's wildly different to the already painted tail surfaces.

Cheers,

Dan.
danmellor
Titanium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2018, 03:50:02 AM »

Finished sheeting the LE and capping all the ribs. It's now infinitely more rigid and looks a lot better! I only had average wood to hand, but I reckon the process has added less than 10g to the wing. Some more silver Litespan arrived yesterday and it's not bad when compared to the already sprayed tail surfaces. There is a slight difference when a scrap of the Litespan is compared directly. but separated into their respective positions will be fine.

Cheered me up so much that I've just opened a cider. I know it's only 7.48AM but I'm on nights and this is my evening. That's my excuse, anyway...

Cheers!

Dan.
Jack Plane
Gold Member

Kudos: 21

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2018, 08:24:35 AM »

Well, that do say that an apple a day keeps the doctor away...  Grin

danmellor
Titanium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: March 23, 2018, 09:46:00 PM »

Apologies for dragging this on for so long! Whilst waiting for the Litespan to arrive, I appear to have inadvertently started next year's KS hopeful! At least if I get that out of the way I wont be rushed into screwing up anything else...

Cheers,

Dan.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: