Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 19, 2018, 03:59:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Köhler (Actro) motor magnet replacement!  (Read 299 times)
Konrad
Platinum Member

Kudos: 35

United States United States

Topic starter
Measure twice cut once

Ignore
« on: January 20, 2018, 01:46:45 PM »

“Friends don’t let friends fly nickel!” was a rift of a USA public service ad that I used to try to get folks to move from nicads to lipo in the late 90’s. Today I have another failure of nickel this time it is in the anti corrosion electroless nickel plating applied to the neodymium magnets. This failure of the nickel plating has caused the magnets to come loose off the bell housing of all my Köhler (Actro) motors. I have about 6 of these that have never run. But after about 15 years the nickel has failed.

Before I go through all the trouble of making the tooling needed to replace the magnets I’d like to ask the HIP hive mind, being as it is heavy on European members, if they know of anybody that still services the Köhler (Actro) brand of motors.

Other than the supplier problem with the magnets the Köhler (Actro) motors look to be very well built and designed motor (full bearing support at both ends of the bell).

Friends don’t let friends fly nickel,
Konrad
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Köhler (Actro) motor magnet replacement!

Cut it twice and it's still too short!
USch
Gold Member

Kudos: 21

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 02:42:45 PM »

But friends can give you a clue where to ring the bell.

Aeronaut still distributes the Actro motors and if you go to

http://www.aero-naut.de/index.php?id=1&L=1

you will find a Dealer Locater for their stuff in the USA, lot's of 'em. Maybe harder to find someone doing an update on your motors without having to send them to Germany.

Urs

Fast up-Slow down
Konrad
Platinum Member

Kudos: 35

United States United States

Topic starter
Measure twice cut once

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 03:40:57 PM »

Thanks for the link.

I have found a lot of friends that tell me where to go. Shocked

Yes, I've found a few dealers in the USA but none have service capabilities. And looking at the Aeronaut site I can't find (I don't read german and haven't translated the proper page if it exists) any mention as to service for the Köhler motor.

But having half a dozen motors needing service might make the manufacturing of a mandrel worth the effort. Heck, it might make it worth the cost of shipping the motors back to a service center if one exists (placing all the motors in one box). Anybody have contact for Köhler in Germany? It looks like they don't want to deal with customers. It looks like they want you to go through Aeronaut. (This may be just a function of my google skills).

I seem to read that there is/was a problem with the Actro motors throwing magnets.
Has anybody actually gotten a Köhler, Actro motor serviced?

Cut it twice and it's still too short!
USch
Gold Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 04:14:36 PM »

On the top right corner of the Aeronaut home page you can find a button to choose your language.

Anyway I believe the only address to ask about the Köhler motors is at Aeronaut themselves. Try this mail
   it-support[at]workdesign.de

There's sure a guy speaking English.

Urs

Fast up-Slow down
USch
Gold Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 12:01:16 PM »

Wrong, the mail address I indicated above is probably only the guy doing the IT job. Try something like:

info [at] aero-naut.de
vertrieb [at] aero-naut.de

Urs

Fast up-Slow down
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: