Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
April 25, 2018, 02:22:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Veron 18in Comper Swift RC conversion  (Read 410 times)
meatbomber
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Czech Republic Czech Republic

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2018, 05:26:51 AM »

For completeness sake I’ve decided to give the swift its own topic Smiley

I’ve found the Comper Swift on Mike Stuart’s amazing website where he uses it as subject of a tutorial for novices wanton to get started on building their first scale models. If you don’t know his page you should definitively look it up at www.ffscale.co.uk.
During this winter I bought myself a CNC router I had been drooling over for years, and once it was built I thought about a first cutting project, and the Comper came back to my mind, as it’s a small model with relatively low parts count. So I drew up the parts in Fusion360 and went to cut my first own short kit Smiley

The parts fit was very good and the build went very quick. I’ve installed an AR6400 Spectrum “brick” with a minimum 6mm geared motor and using a 1S 110mAh battery.

Total weight came out at 30g, a bit more than I expected but the Swift still flies very well just climb Rate is scale I would say Wink still it’s enough to ROG.

It’s covered with white Esaki on the wings and tail surfaces and red and blue light weight tissue from Dare hobbies, and then airbrushed according to mikes tutorial with enamel paint thinned with dope thinners. The trim line is white printer paper. Still.

A short flying video is here:
https://youtu.be/PSY1Ug5xuPU
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Veron 18in Comper Swift RC conversion
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: