Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
April 25, 2018, 02:45:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Albatross D5 Dumas 18" Kit #232 Scale 1:20 Rubber Powered Free Flight  (Read 3891 times)
LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Kudos: 16

Canada Canada

Topic starter
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND ENGINES AND TWO WINGS

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2018, 01:35:02 PM »

FUSELAGE CONSTRUCTION - FUSELAGE JIG ASSEMBLY

I started to construct a "LADDER JIG" to securely hold the fuse in order to glue the right hand side, Starboard (steerboard), half formers to the center keels.  The "Port", or left hand, formers are already glued to the center keels.
     All of the Starboard formers were test fitted, and finely sanded, where needed, to fit flush on all mating surfaces.
     In the olden days, most everyone was right handed, and steered and feathered their boat or canoe up to the loading dock with the paddle, or oar, in the water on the right side, and the dock on the left side.  The left side used to be called "Loadboard", because that was the side where the dock was, that you unloaded or loaded, your cargo from or towards, but it was too confusing with "Starboard" or "Steerboard", so they changed the name of the left "Loadboard" to the word "Port".
     I had to make sure that the two Rails were set high enough to lift the left, Port side fuse formers (already glued), high enough off of the building board table.  The cross bracing planks go under the center keels and tight against each side of the Port formers, for a very secure platform to glue the Starboard formers to.

PIC #1     8071
PIC #2     8073
PIC #3     8072

LASTWOODSMAN
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Albatross D5 Dumas 18" Kit #232 Scale 1:20 Rubber Powered Free Flight

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2018, 06:37:07 PM »

FUSELAGE JIG ASSEMBLY & FUSELAGE FIT IN ORDER TO  GLUE ON THE STARBOARD FORMERS

PIC #1     8074     I looked down the rails and one was curved a bit.  Lifted it up to perfect straightness and put in more pins.  Now the rails are solid and flat as a plane.
PIC #2     8077      I doubled up the cross members for greater strength, and off set the upper cross member so that it was not touching the mating surfaces between the formers and center keel, so that it did not get glued.  It should all just fall apart now when disassembling.
PIC #3     8081      Dry test fitting the starboard formers - they all fit like a charm, with flush mating surfaces.  All top and bottom center keels are sitting flat on the doubled up cross member planks, and verified with the straight edge of a steel rule.
     Now the easy part - "double white glueing" - easy because all of the mating surfaces are now exposed nice and obvious, and the upper crossmember planks are offset away from the formers, out of the way for gluing.  The bottom crossmember planks fit snug against the port formers, but sits too low to get any accidental glue.  The sandwiching of these port formers, using those doubled up cross member planks, really helps in holding everything very securely.
      I will use the high school   60-30-90  degree,    see through plastic, high school geometry set, right angle triangle, sitting on the workboard vertically, to line up the formers to  90  degrees from the table.
PIC #4      8085       Time well wasted?  We will see if the starboard side keel, goes on "straight", through those laser cut slots in the former sides.  I hope I do not need a "Chiquita" banana sticker insignia, for the side of my  fuselage if it warps too much out of shape ... after all of this fiddlin' around !

LASTWOODSMAN

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
OZPAF
Titanium Member

Kudos: 118

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2018, 07:30:40 PM »

Certainly not time wasted Richard - it will be forgotten when you see the accurately finished fuselage.

John
LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2018, 10:26:30 PM »

FUSELAGE JIG ASSEMBLY & FUSELAGE FIT IN ORDER TO  GLUE ON THE STARBOARD FORMERS

PIC #     8094
PIC #     8095
   All of the starboard formers are now "double white glued" and dried for nine hours, and they sit 90 degrees to the building board.  And YES, the "dry fit", of the fuselage starboard side keel, is straight.  I am surprised how well this "LADDER JIG" method is working.  I am really happy with the results so far. Roll Eyes   Grin   Shocked

FUSELAGE STARBOARD SIDE KEEL

PIC #     8098
     The fuselage starboard side keel is now double white glued into the laser cut  former slots, and held in position to dry overnight with three small elastics.  Looks straight as an arrow.   Smiley

LASTWOODSMAN

LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2018, 10:45:29 PM »

FUSELAGE CONSTRUCTION - FORMERS AND KEELS

PICS    8103  8104  8105
     I glued on the two  1/16"  stringers at the tail end, that form the slot for the stabilizer, between formers 7 and 8.  There were only two side surfaces of these stringers to glue to the last former, #8,  so I used a small elastic to hold them in place and two  1/16"  upright balsa planks to hold them apart ( in place of the stabilizer ).

PICS    8109  8110  8111
     Well, first thing this AM, I took the fuse frame off of the Ladder Jig.  There are NO false glue joints, and all of the formers are PERPENDICULAR to the center keels, and IN LINE WITH EACH OTHER, and the side keels are STRAIGHT too.  I think I will stick with this method from now on.   Wink   Cool   It may take a little longer to build, but now I have a perfect fuse, from which the stringers will now glue on perfectly straight also.  Smiley
     But first I must install the two "wing saddles" parts B8.

LASTWOODSMAN

LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2018, 11:46:48 AM »

FUSE WING SADDLES

These are very difficult parts to glue in,   Undecided    because of the varying contours of the fuselage.

PIC #1    8119
     The actual wing saddle part is just sitting, and not glued yet, on top of the fuse, above and right of its gluing position.
     The flat wing saddles B6 fit onto round bottomed slots cut into the edges of formers 3 and 4.   It will not sit in there flat, so I sanded and flattened out the bottom of the formers' notches for the wing saddle to fit better.  You can see the freshly sanded "white" balsa (the "burned" laser cut is sanded off), on the former edges where the ends of the wing saddle sits.  The top side of the front part of the wing saddle must be first soaked with brushed on water to take the bend nice and smooth,  and braced in place somehow, while the glue dries.
    We had our model club meeting , and I brought in 3 of my "hand carved" balsa props for the "show and tell" part of the meeting, and tried to get them to guess which way that "unfinished" prop turns, as viewed from the pilot in the cockpit ...

PIC #2    8120
PIC #3    8122

LASTWOODSMAN

LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2018, 06:27:22 PM »

ALBATROSS D5  -  DUMAS 18" KIT #232 SCALE 1:20 RUBBER POWERED FREE FLIGHT

FUSE WING SADDLES

Well, Lo and Behold ! - look at that   Shocked  - that ladder jig comes in handy once again ...   Cool   The wing saddle is blocked in at both ends, double white glued, and drying ...

PIC #1     8126
PIC #2     8127
PIC #3     8128

LASTWOODSMAN

LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2018, 06:36:27 PM »

ALBATROSS D5  -  DUMAS 18" KIT #232 SCALE 1:20 RUBBER POWERED FREE FLIGHT

FUSE WING SADDLES

Well, I took it all apart after letting it dry all night, and the wing saddle B6 glued up perfectly in place with that little twist in the part, and flush into the slots in the formers, and it does not even need any sanding.    Roll Eyes    By the way, this is the best wing saddle I have ever glued into place.   Smiley   Now to do the other side.   See what I mean about this Ladder Jig Setup? - it really works well ...    Cool

PIC #1     8163
PIC #2     8164
PIC #3     8165

Those wing saddles really are a tough part to glue in place, especially with that twist in the wing saddle part ...  I actually did brush on some water, let it sit and soak in a bit, then add some more water  - this water I applied was only to the outer "top" surface of the front end of the part, which has to bend more than the inner "bottom" surface - another trick I learned from someone else ... at least it is flat and flush to all of the mating surfaces, and still has that necessary twist.  Yes there will be some sanding on the bottom contour edge of the wing saddle to fit the upper contour of the wing rib.  I will try to get that fit to the wing nice and flush too.  White glue really does work well on water saturated balsa parts - it just penetrates and soaks right in, and letting it dry overnight works for me - there is always lots of other things to do in the meantime.   Smiley

LASTWOODSMAN

OZPAF
Titanium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2018, 07:35:06 PM »

You'll need to make a small universal "Ladder frame" to help with these models Smiley

John
LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2018, 12:14:33 AM »

FUSE WING SADDLES

Well, I finally got the wing saddles glued in and sanded up.   The saddles are solidly glued flush in the former slots, but the top curve outer edge sticks out a little past the curvature of the fuse, and would make for a raised edge when covering with tissue.  I carefully sanded this edge even with the fuse curve profile, for easier tissue covering.  So ... it all looks OK now, still no pin holes, everything is double white glued, and there are no parts numbers inked onto the clean balsa.  I just read that "WHITE GLUE" is the same as "YELLOW GLUE", except for the color of course - white dries clear and yellow dries yellow,  -  great short little article here
http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_base/Comparing_White.html    and both need  0.006"   six thousandths of an inch, or less, separation of the mating surfaces, in order for the glue to work - (flush mating surfaces work for me) - and the glue bond is stronger than the balsa.
Onwards to landing gear installation, before stringers are added.

PIC #1    8166
PIC #2    WING SADDLE
PIC #3    8172
PIC #4    8174
PIC #5    8175
PIC #6    8178

LASTWOODSMAN

LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2018, 11:09:56 AM »

PIC # 1     8191
     Latest update - the number of parts to add is getting smaller.   The ladder jig rails sit high enough on their blocks to keep the tops of the formers above the building board.  Now to start the landing gear installation ...

LANDING GEAR ASSEMBLY INSTALLATION INTO THE FUSELAGE

PIC #2      8201      Crossmember 2A is glued in place.
PIC #3      8202      The crossmember is blocked down flat and flush with a bracing hold-down plank.
PIC #4      8204      The bracing hold-down plank is removed from over crossmember 2A, and part  2B  is next to glue, which leaves a small trough between  2A  and  2B , for the top horizontal wire of the landing gear wire assembly, to fit loose in between.

This is a new method of landing gear installation for me.   The problem is, that the axle wire is already glued to the landing gear wire as per instructions, and the fuselage formers and keels are then already assembled and glued together for the fuse frame.  There is now no way to get the landing gear wire assembly into its spot, because there is the bottom center keel blocking this assembly step.  Huh
     I think I will razor saw a slot through the bottom keel, between former  2  and  3  , then  slide the wire landing gear assy through that slot, and then glue a small sliver piece of balsa as thin as that razor saw kerf cut, slide and glue in that sliver of balsa to rejoin the bottom keel where I sawed that keel in half, then glue part  2C  on top of  2A  and 2B  , sort of sandwiching in that landing gear without gluing it in there, with the landing gear set in there to rotate freely, wiggling front to back,  in order to align the wire legs with the landing gear balsa struts.

LASTWOODSMAN

LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2018, 11:49:29 AM »

PIC #1     8205,    PIC #2     8207     The hold down plank is removed and part 2B  is glued in place, and then pressed down with a hold down plank.  I got out the razor saw and cut through the bottom center keel between former 2 and former 3.   The razor saw kerf was  0.0115"  thick, so I sanded down a small square of  1/16"  balsa and test fit this piece into the cut as a spacer.

PIC #3     8208     Then I double white glued this spacer into the cut, after sliding the landing gear wire assembly into position around the bottom keel.

PIC #4    8211,     PIC #5    8212     Part  2C  is now glued on top of  2A  and  2B  , sandwiching in the horizontal top wire of the Landing Gear assembly.

PIC #6     8215    The spacer was then rough cut out, and a hold down plank was pinned over the top of part 2C while it dried.

LASTWOODSMAN

LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2018, 12:10:11 PM »

SPRING UPDATE from MARCH 12 2018

I thought Spring was coming a month ago.  Let's not forget our fine feathered friends, who were, and are, our inspiration to fly in the first place.
      "No leaves are out, no buds are swollen, no green grass, just bare trees, no frogs croaking, all the standing water frozen, 21 deg F (feels like 18 F), at daybreak (only getting into the mid 30s F during the day), with frost everywhere, taking Trapper for his run to the forests and fields and bushes and shrubs and small cattail bullrush wetland, around the rail spur and around the shooting range, and what do I see?  A small flash of blue flying away from me along the bushes at the forest edge of the shooting range.  I knew right away what it was, but this early?  Not a Blue Jay, but the "Robin with the sky on its back" and wings and tail, the Eastern Bluebird, with its mate.  It even flew down onto the grass right in front of me, as if to say hello, and give me a real closeup look, pecking for food.   The only other birds back are the Red Wing Blackbirds, and the Grackles just starting to come back, and I head the first song sparrow also this AM.
     And last night at twilight gloaming right after sunset, I hear all this cackling and bugleing, just like the flying monkeys in the movie "The Wizard of Oz", and I look up and here is a flock of 40 Sandhill cranes heading north on their six foot wingspans.  And I could hear another flock but could not pick them out in the fading light.
     And a few days ago I surprised a flock of 14 monster wild Turkeys first thing in the morning, running along the other side of the single rail line - they were as big as Mastiff dogs and sunlit as they ran.  In the last six years we had only seen one, that we scared out of his roost high up in a tree above us, exploding away with a startling thrashing and crashing of powerful wings.  I have gobbled to them back and forth, echoing through the forest, with them coming ever nearer, but never seen a bunch of them up this close here.  Plus the Red Tail Hawk is building its nest in the thick of the trees.
    Time to get that winding stooge built, and stock up on a good supply of hanks of rubber, thrust buttons, prop hooks, small washers, and especially small "Crocket Hooks", for the rubber motors, from Volare.  Spring is just around the corner."
      Well,  I thought back then that Spring was coming ...
PIC #1      BLUEBIRD_2
PIC #2      EASTERN_BLUEBIRDS
PIC #3      SANDHILL_CRANES_3_001     
PIC #4      TURKEYS
PIC #5      RED_TAIL_HAWK__Custom
PIC #6      RED_TAIL_HAWK_NEST

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard

OZPAF
Titanium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2018, 08:29:40 PM »

Sounds cold Richard. The end of the tunnel is getting closer. It must be good to see a bit of life returning - not the same here as life continues on during the winter.

John
kerak
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2018, 10:49:48 PM »

Beautiful birds, Rick...hope things are thawing out ok.

Neal

"Try to avoid running out of airspeed, altitude, and ideas all at the same time...."
LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2018, 10:53:14 PM »

Still very cold again here John and Neal - in fact it is snowing now 10:30 PM.  It has been about 15 deg F below normal the last three weeks.  The frogs actually started croaking as soon as it got above freezing a couple of weeks ago, they are so desperate to start breeding.  I still have to wear four layers of clothes to run the dog, plus long underwear, winter boots, trapper's hat and hood, good gloves - a very cold spring, and a good ice storm and snow and cold rain ( a good golf umbrella is the only way) - good thing I have a dog to keep me going outside three and four times a day.  No more flying of balsa planes in sight.
     Yeah, I guess you guys in the "land down under" are entering your winter over there now, eh?
LASTWOODSMAN
Richard

OZPAF
Titanium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2018, 02:34:46 AM »

Our winters are nothing compared to yours although this will be my first in a much colder region. It will probably get down to -1.5 to - 2 deg centigrade - around 28 - 29deg F, min temp during the early hours of the morning.

Its 12.7 deg C at the moment.

John
LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2018, 10:51:11 AM »

PIC #1   8217  ,   and  PIC #2   8218 
     The landing gear wire assembly is now installed (but not glued as per plan) in the fuse, and is free to move backwards and forwards to fit the angle of the landing gear struts.  Two tiny small  1/32"   bracing planks have been glued on either side of the bottom fuse keel between former #2 and fomer #3, where I had to cut the keel.  Its all ready for the stringers and then the Cabane struts mounting planks, the motor mounts planks, the machine gun plank, and the landing gear mounts planks.

LASTWOODSMAN

kerak
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2018, 02:38:37 PM »

Quality work, Rick..."Need is the mother of all invention"...and you are innovative for certain.  Wink

Neal

"Try to avoid running out of airspeed, altitude, and ideas all at the same time...."
LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2018, 05:25:57 PM »

FUSELAGE FRONT STRINGERS   AND   EXTRA  1/8"  NOSE BLOCK LAMINATION

Two "difficult bend" stringers on the fuse bottom from former #3  to  former #1 ,  are double white glued, and held down to dry with two elastics, where the stringers  extend past the nose.   I actually brushed on water to the outside of the bends to help the balsa bend, of those two front stringers,  after the first one I tried, kinked on me like a garden water hose.    
     I got the black thrust button fitted into the laminated nose block assembly, and the   1  7/8"   circle line is drawn on the front of the first  part #  E1  lamination.  This noseblock cowl will be slid into position onto the front of former #1 , and shaped later on, using a sanding block to this circle line, to help form the rounded nose.  Since I am going for the Albatross D3 look on the rounded noseblock,  I am gluing on an added  1/8"  balsa lamination to the front - the  1 7/8"  circle is drawn on this too, and the center hole will fit right over the thrust button, for easy prop removal, pulling the rubber motor, Crocket Hook, Prop wire and hook, and Thrust Button, all through that hole, in order to stretch wind the motor on the winding stooge.

PIC #1     8223   TWO FRONT STRINGERS
PIC #2     8224   TWO FRONT STRINGERS
PIC #3     8225   COWL ASSY,  PLUS  1/8"   ADDED BALSA LAMINATION
PIC #4     8226          "          "
PIC #5     8227          "          "
PIC #6     8228          "          "

LASTWOODSMAN

Yardman Jeff
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2018, 06:07:44 PM »

Hey Richard, I like your ladder rail jig and do something similar with books and carpenter's pencils as that's what I've handy.

I'm tired of Old Man Winter too, have 4" on my deck and it's still coming down. Small yard pond and larger Beaver pond have iced over, the waterfowl lost their battle against the refreeze despite their best paddling efforts. Last week we had a brief warm spell that bought out the night time peepers which was a welcome spring song.
LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2018, 10:27:44 PM »

Hi Jeff - man! ,  you guys must have been getting "snowed in" all winter in Upstate New York.  Oh, boy - 4" and still coming down eh?  We are all getting "cabin fever" too, here in the Detroit/Windsor area.   Like the Native Indians say, "if the conifer trees are heavily laden with cones in the fall, it wil be a long cold winter with lots of snow".  And the cones WERE heavily laden on the trees in Jackson Park.
     Well, in the six years I have been living beside Jackson Park, I usually like to slip in a few pics of the Spitfire and Hurricane replica warplanes on pedestals in Jackson Park, which look right out over the Cricket Wicket which is my Flying Field for my rubber models.   I have many spring and summer and fall pics, but I never got any good Winter snow pics.  That all changed overnight on   March 1 2018,   with a snowfall dump of  6 1/2" , that actually stuck to everything - trees, the Spit and Hurri, and everything else, including the bronze bust statue of ROBERT BURNS, the Poet.  So we ran back out with the camera for pics, after running the dog first thing in the morning.

PICS:
8029  8037  8041  8045  8047  8048

LASTWOODSMAN
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 10:38:19 PM by LASTWOODSMAN » Logged

LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2018, 07:24:55 AM »

FUSELAGE STRINGERS AND NOSEBLOCK ASSEMBLY

I added stringers to the bottom of the fuse and worked  on the rounded nose block.   I clamped up the extra added  1/8" round disc to the front of the two 1/8" laser cut E1 discs.  It was hard to line up the hole for the removable black thrust button.  The wood just kept soaking in the white glue.  Finally got it centered, glued and clamped.

PICS   
8229   8232    8239   8240   8247   8250

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard

Indoorflyer
Silver Member

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2018, 03:34:42 PM »

The short length of that nose button may cause thrust line problems. A longer Peck style will fit more securely (deeper) into the noseblock. The noseblock should be removable, not the thrust button.

I'll stack/laminate oversize noseblock "blanks", using an aluminum or brass tube running thru the center hole to line them up. After the glue has set, the noseblock can be rough shaped, then the thrust button can be glued in. Thrust line adjustments can be made by shimming the noseblock. Alternatively, an initial "down and right" hole can be drilled thru the laminated noseblock, to establish an initial thrust line setting. This way the noseblock doesn't have to be shimmed so grotesquely.
The neatest way is to use an adjustable (tiny Jack screws to adjust) thrust button.
You don't want "play" between the block and thrust button, or between the noseblock and fuselage.

http://www.peck-polymers.com/product-page/small-nylon-bearings-1-32

Make the same mistake on both sides; nobody will notice...
LASTWOODSMAN
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2018, 05:48:32 PM »

FUSELAGE STRINGERS AND NOSEBLOCK ASSEMBLY

The prop shaft supplied in the kit is  0.040"  in diameter  ( #60 Drill Bit ),  and has a round prop hook  0.28" diameter.   The shaft on the black thrust button is  0.3125"  in diameter and  3/16" ( actually  7/32" )  long,  and the laser cut holes of the removable nose block pieces - the two  1/8" thick ovals, and the two  1/8" thick square "tenons" that fit into the front former - these holes are all also  0.3125" diameter.    The hole in the black thrust button is  0.046" in diameter, and will not accept a  3/64"  ( 0.047") prop wire - VERY SNUG FIT  -   , and it will not accept a  #55  ( 0.052") ,  but will accept a tight fit  #56 ( 0.046 ) wire,  and will easily accept the smaller prop wires.  I seems that this kit supplied black thrust button is made for the 0.040" prop wire ( which has enough of a clearance fit, to spin inside the black plastic thrust bearing hole ).  I plan on making the nose block removable, as per the kit plan.   I would still be able to make a thin acute angle wedge-shaped balsa shim to go between the forward former and the nose block, for downthrust or side thrust.
     AND, if I have to, I would be able to pull the whole prop shaft through the removable nose block to switch it, in order to change to another prop shaft that has a scale hand carved laminated balsa prop permanently attached to it, and avoid having to make a separate removable nose block.  That sort of was my plan  -  to have two interchangable props each with their own thrust bearing button and own prop wire, like on my Fokker EIII Eindecker below.  All this, without permanently gluing on a permanent thrust bearing button.

2 pics
Thrust bearing
7373  Eindecker

LASTWOODSMAN

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: