Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 18, 2018, 10:10:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This category has turned off its interest?  (Read 1851 times)
Lancioamano
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Italy Italy

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: April 05, 2018, 05:41:34 AM »

Hi at All
Interest in this category seems to me lessened.
I'm very sorry (if so).
What do you think may be the cause.
Luigi
lincoln
Platinum Member

Kudos: 29

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 09:16:27 PM »

Well, the Americans like me are probably all out of shape!

In the RC world, DLG seems to have declined as well, possibly for the same reasons.
Richard Ewing
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 12:39:02 AM »

Luigi,

I think I saw the former F1A champion, Mike McKeever, flying tip launch glider after our North West FAI contest last summer along with a few others. 

Some of us are just very late to the party, (10 years?): See the attached photo of the one I started in Trani, (that's the tail boom I got from you).  I hope to have it ready for this coming season.

Rick
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: This category has turned off its interest?
Lancioamano
Bronze Member

Italy Italy

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 08:59:29 AM »

In the RC world, DLG seems to have declined as well, possibly for the same reasons.
[/quote]
Lincoln

I'm afraid it's just what you say. It's a category that requires adequate physical performance. For myself, I'll try to resist as long as I can. Then .. wide choice between clg, rubber and RC (.. no RC no ..)
Luigi.
Lancioamano
Bronze Member

Italy Italy

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 09:15:47 AM »

Hi Rick , very happy to see you again.

Well !! I see a  Hossier Daddy near the goal.
 I'd like to see a video of your test.
Meanwhile (if you want) watch my movies elsewhere on HPA.
Ciao mio Amico!
Luigi
Rewinged
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 12:51:10 AM »

We're still flying!  It's just the off-season, and my flying season is short, anyway.

Yes, Mike McKeever was flying TLG at the NWFF contest last season.  Hoosier Daddy's Daddy was there, too.  (I won!) 

I have a new glider I didn't get finished last year, but it will be ready for the upcoming season.  Wing came out very nice, with my regular Hi-Viz rainbow paint job. 

And yes, I am more out of shape than ever, but plan to be ready to spin quickly by August!!!  Hope my new glider seeks out the thermals as well as the old one.

--Bill

Good air don't care!
lincoln
Platinum Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 01:15:18 AM »

In my experience, overhand launch is harder on the body than discus launch. At least for RC, but I suspect it's true for ff also.

Lincoln

I'm afraid it's just what you say. It's a category that requires adequate physical performance. For myself, I'll try to resist as long as I can. Then .. wide choice between clg, rubber and RC (.. no RC no ..)
Luigi.
Lancioamano
Bronze Member

Italy Italy

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 05:17:05 PM »

Hi Bill
 I see a work in a workmanlike manner ... and a lot of care not to tire the eyes of the timekeepers too much.
 I was a little worried about the lack of messages, but now with the answers of Richard Ewing
(he thinks we flew together here in Italy), that of Lincoln and yours
now I'm quieter.
My experiences in TLG have drawn great inspiration in HPA .. and I would like to continue ..

As always I hope I have not mistreated the English language too much .... Luigi Wink
P.S.
 Weight of your wings?

Rewinged
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 07:15:54 PM »

Luigi,

My wings are under 59g as you see them.  Root chord is about 120mm (~4.75 inches).  Root thickness is about 8mm.  Flat span before polyhedral is 914 mm (36 inches) max allowed in the U.S.A.
I will add just a little more epoxy at the polyhedral joints; the fiberglass weave is a little rough to the touch.  The finish is finishing epoxy, which I have been pleased with, having started using it in late 2016.

Your English reads perfectly to me!  (I am one of the unfortunate majority in the U.S.A. who does not have the benefit of a second language.)

Regards,
Bill

Good air don't care!
lincoln
Platinum Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 08:05:26 PM »

For those concerned about their physical abilities, I discovered a way to practice discus launch in the back yard. I took a cedar slat from one of those cedar closet kits and attached weights to diagonally opposite corners. If you hold it so that the outer weight is forward, then you don't get divergence when you try to launch. However, when you release, the board becomes unstable and spins, and doesn't get very far. 30 feet or so may be enough room. I'm sure a few throws now and then before the season starts, and on the occasional weekday during the season, will help prevent injury and possibly result in higher launches.
Ployd
Gold Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 11:49:04 PM »

Still happily flying F/F TLG with the last comp being the Ozzie Nats in April this year (I'm 70 by the way). Finished up giving the model to Shady Liu of China to take home and he is one mean F3K flier and flew my model better than me.

"So I collect engines, what's your problem?"
Tyro
Nickel Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 09:30:54 PM »

Ployd
What is that model?
Tyro
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print