Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 22, 2018, 03:10:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: REARWIN SPEEDSTER 30" Dumas Kit 326 Flight Reports  (Read 1279 times)
LASTWOODSMAN
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Canada Canada

Topic starter
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND ENGINES AND TWO WINGS

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 04:24:35 PM »

REARWIN SPEEDSTER FLIGHT REPORT MAY 16 2018   pg 3 of 3 (cont)

I still had little bends on the  1/32"  landing gear wire, at the ankle, but I just bent them back to shape for the next flight.    Tongue    The more I think about this, the more I think that the designer intended it to be that way.   I was getting good at examining the plane after each flight, wiggling the struts and wings, and checking for damage, but in my excitement after the 25 second flight, I walked back to the stooge without checking the plane, only to find that the left wheel spat and elastic was missing !!    Huh    It took me well over half an hour to find it in that long thick grass that is really growing now with all of the rain we have been having, leaving a lot of standing water all over the park, and putting the grass mower schedule behind.
       Next on the agenda - since four strands of  3/16"  equals six strands of  1/8"  rubber, I will now try to make a new braided motor out of six strands of  1/8"  rubber.   Should that make a difference in flight duration ?
     Note the Spitfire and Hurricane replica warbirds amongst the trees in the background in Jackson Park, in the last pic.

The End

Keep 'em flying !!

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: REARWIN SPEEDSTER 30" Dumas Kit 326 Flight Reports

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
bsadonkill
Bronze Member

Kudos: 5

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 03:00:22 PM »

Great flying Rearwin Speedster Richard ! I always use the Don Ross method for rubber prep and break in . Clean the rubber first, I use a square not with a drop of super glue. Pull it out 3 times the length,  rub lube into it for a minute or two then let it rest for ten minutes. Then pull it out for four minutes at five times the length.     
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: