Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 19, 2018, 05:30:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WART HAR  (Read 1352 times)
Crossup
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2018, 11:04:02 PM »

Built a new wing using inspiration from FLYGUY here, HAR is high aspect ratio- 20"span.

I also took some liberties with the wing configuration. Testing tomorrow night in 45' dome.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
WART HAR
WART HAR
Flyguy
Gold Member

Kudos: 39

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 03:34:55 PM »

Just found this, so how did it fly? You should also try a prop with all the area in front of the spar, it helps, as does the bass spar.
Crossup
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 09:56:32 AM »

I think it flys great. However I do not have any hard evidence its better because most of my flights before the wing change were with a backup prop. Turns out once I got the new prop(the Hodson design) working well(balance and tracking), it does not perform as well as the old(Stevens) prop from what I can tell. And as you suggest, I believe I need to load the motor with more prop via flaring/area forward and perhaps more pitch. Its been rather difficult to figure out for me being a bit new to this stuff. Have gone 4 minutes plus in a 45' ceiling and yesterday at Lakehurst my best was 3:36, go figure.
Olbill
Titanium Member

Kudos: 56

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 10:01:24 AM »

My A6 will be getting some sort of upgrade after getting stomped by Don Slusarczyk at the Nats. Probably will try the 20" span wing as a first step.
Flyguy
Gold Member

Kudos: 39

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 04:27:00 PM »

Given that I'm convinced that the higher aspect designs offer flying advantages, we'll probably see some new records if Olbill builds one!
Olbill
Titanium Member

Kudos: 56

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 09:58:39 AM »

Don Slusarczyk set a new Cat 2 A6 record of 8:10 at the Indoor Nats.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: